Something weird happened today

Last Updated:

1. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all I am rooted and my phone did something funny today. I hit the power button to shut off the screen (as I normally do before putting it in my pocket. But now the phone will not shut off nor will it power up. :eek: NOT GOOD! :confused:

I am about to do a full system erase reset back to 2.0 re-root and reinstall Lithium Mod and Chevys lv 1.25 kernel.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

did you try to pull battery and then power up and boot into recovery - power + X - and reinstall a backup ROM I "assume" you have. you would be GTG then and not need a kernel reinstall.

are you sure this is not from your kernel as I had a similar issue and had to flash back a backup ROM and change kernels.

3. DrDiff

I had to pull the battery and hold down the power + X and got into recovery Did the tripple wipe of EVERYTHING. Re-instaled Lithium Mod and tried P3 Droid's 1.25 LV Rom. Now the phone is continually going into endless shut down and power up loops.

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I bet it is the P3 Droid's 1.25 LV Kernel (not a rom).. pick a slower kernel - like Chevy's 1.0 or 1.1 and install that. can you mount the phone via USB cable to your computer? if so, load a new kernel on that way. if not, pull the SD card and mount it to the computer that way and then load on a kernel and then reinstall the card and boot into recovery and load a slower kernel.

just my gut though as 1.25's gave me issues. I used the advice of another and loaded like 3 kernels just in case this happened, then when/if it did - which it did - I could just boot into recovery and load a different kernel that was already there and ready.

5. DrDiff

I have every P3 Droid and Chevy's 1.0 in both normal and low voltage on my SD card. Currently running P3 Droid standard voltage 1.0 Though on the 1.25 versions Chevy gave me the best battery life

The power down screen keeps popping up on it's own. Occasionally it reboots to clockwork mod. I tried to use Rom Manager to install Lithium Mod standard and Chevy's 1.0 and I hope that I don't get the usual stuff happening in a couple of hours.

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Wow that is strange, if you try different kernals and you keep getting the same result, chances are that its the Rom. Try to flash a different Rom and see what the results are.