Something wrong with Google servers or...

Last Updated:

1. eL777

eL777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I updated to 2.1 using the released update.zip but now... when I have to sign in using my gmail name so that it can connect to google servers I get "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" This happens whether I'm on 3g or a wifi connection. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I was having this trouble, started a thread about it, do you have a home replacement installed? if so uninstall it, see if that clears up your issues.

I did a factory reset instead of just uninstalling apps and its working great now

3. SinfulDragon

4. eL777

Hmmm, now I just did a checkin thing by dialing the *#*#checkin#*#* and it gives me an error about the hostname not matching... hopefully I'm not screwed..

5. SinfulDragon

nah you're not, Like I said I was getting the exact same error and a factory reset cleared it up.
    Gave me a chance to go through my apps too LOL

6. eL777

Just tried a factory reset and still no go.. I can use the browser just fine and everything, I just can't sign in to google servers which means I can't use marketplace or gmail or contacts, etc. Don't know what else to try. If it helps I used the 2.0.1 sbf to completely go back to stock then upgraded to 2.1 from there.

7. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Well-Known Member

I'm having this issue and my phone is still running 2.0.1. If I go to gmail from the browser, it works fine but it won't connect from the gmail app.

8. SinfulDragon

so you did a factory reset and it took the gmail info that you entered to start with but now won't sync your email?

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is related, but I'm getting some errors when trying to down load apps from the market... It will start and about 3 seconds later says error down loading app try again. I did a search and people are talking about it over on the Eris forum, which leads me to think there is a problem with the servers and that it isn't just a phone issue (plus I'm using a ROM so I'm not on the official 2.1)...

10. SinfulDragon

well then I did a factory reset for nothing LOL

11. eL777

No, what happened was that did the factory reset but it never took my login in info. It says waiting forever then eventually tells me it can't make a connection to the server.

12. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

It's gotta be the server for the phones because I am having the same GMail app issue. I can log into my Gmail through the browser, I can use my GPS on the browser (Location settings) and I can log into my google chat through the app on my phone..just no gmail. WTF?

13. tyneusch

Google servers just went back up. My phone automatically sent me an inbox message and then I clicked the "Retry" button in the GMAIL app and it established the connection. Hope you are all back up and running too.

14. eL777

Boom.. signed in now... yup was just a server problem.:)

15. tyneusch

The servers were prolly not expecting THIS MANY people to be updated to 2.1 yet ;)

16. SinfulDragon

I guess not, the voice to type function just stopped working for me, "Can't connect"

17. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

I found that sometimes clearing the cache in voice search helps... (settings, manage apps, filter, slect all, voice search, clear cache)
    Happened probably twice to me in the last several weeks and this "fixed" it both times.

18. SinfulDragon

Good to know, restarting the phone worked for me as well ;)