somethings that are scaring me in terms of long term usageSupport

Last Updated:

1. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey i have seen a lot of people here with problems but they are all in the long term. for example, some of you guys have restart problems that just happen out of the blue. some of you guys have the camera blocky color problems, etc. do a majority of the people have these problems or is it just "exaggerated" by the forum, making me think that everyone has the problems. for those people who have owned the desire long term, how has it been holding up. do you guys use the gps often? if so has it restarted because of that?

i've only had my telus version desire for about a week and i love it so far. just afraid of problems in the future

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The fact is on a phone forum how many threads have a title "just so you know, everything is fine"?

Forums like this are generally.a support group for people who do have problems so yes, it is exaggerated. It's not a true cross section of the user base.

Mines fine by the way ;)

3. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol yeah maybe i should take a break from reading the forums for a while.

will the phone heating up because of a game or navigation damage the phone in the long run?

4. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

5 months down line and no problems :D

GPS on all the time

Lots are problems I see on here are not really the phones fault and more user created.....

5. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Had my Desire since May. Never had any issues with it other than the usual memory one. But that was fixed when I rooted, and moved to Froyo.

Andy

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Had since UK launch and really had none of the major problems people speak of. That should balance the scales. :)

7. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

Had mine since April and no problems to speak of either.

8. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I've had mine since uk launch so that's approaching 6 months now and no major problems. I use navigation a lot and yes the phone does heat up significantly but it has never caused it to reboot.

I had to do a battery pull once because it completely froze. I've also had it reboot on it's own a couple of times for unexplained reasons. You have to remember that the Desire is more like a mini computer and that's what computers do now and again!

9. Darkstar2010

Darkstar2010 Well-Known Member

The only problem I've had so far is that it's sold out and now I gotta pay an extra 150 dollars for this cellphone LoL.

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Mines awesome. Don't know what i'd do without it.

*sheds a tear of joy*