Somethings wrong with my Rooted HTC...

Last Updated:

1. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am Rooted with Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo Kernal .31. Using SetCPU to overclock at 528/245/Performance... I just switched this to 528/160/OnDemand. Idk why it was set the other way. But its changed now.

Anyways. My cells wifi always disconnects, when I have mobile on and go into the browser or market, sometimes it will say I have no connection. Cell phone got very laggy over the past 4 days. And it seems to never want to go under 20% awake time... When its charged, and plugged in, my phone will start at 100% battery life. Within a minute that goes down to 99, then in 5 minutes down to 95%.

I uninstalled Handcent because it isnt compatible with aFirewall (which i just installed 3 days ago...) and tried using the original message app but is VERY laggy I cant even use it. So I ended up installing ChompSMS and its good, but sometimes laggy as well.

Over the past 2 weeks ive been getting text from advertising companies and I have no idea why. I only download applications that are over 4 stars and read every comment before downloading. So apparently some of these applications i have installed or had installed gave my number to these companies. Which is one of the reasons why I use aFirewall to get rid of them.

Just unlocking the phone is very laggy. Sometimes when its locked the iphone lockscreen will pop up and I dont use that one, I use the flun one. So lockbot has been acting up too.

Is it really possible for a phone to get viruses and make the phone lag and have connection problems? If so, then what virus scanner do you suggest I use?

Here is a list of applications I have installed now.

aFirewall
    AK47
    Android Lightsaber
    AppManager Pro
    Apps Installer
    Barcode Scanner
    Battery Indicator
    BatteryLife
    Blocked Stone
    CacheMate
    Champagne
    chompSMS
    Coin Flip
    ColorNote
    Counter
    Dice Bag
    DroidDice
    ES FIle Explorer
    F*ck my life
    FMyLife Official
    Furdiburb - Lite
    Google Translate
    Google Voice
    Hangman
    Home Switcher
    iLightr
    Klondike Solitaire
    Labyrinth Lite
    LockBot Pro
    m:Racing
    Magic 8-Ball
    MechanicsTouchLITE
    Metal Detector
    MonkeyKickOff
    Movies
    PhotoPuzzle
    Plox
    Portal Keeper
    Retro Defense Lite
    Robo Defense
    Ruger SR9
    SetCPU
    ShootMe
    Spare Parts
    Spark
    Star Wars Puzzle
    Steamy Window
    Street Racing
    Swype
    Tube Downloader
    Wireless Tether for Root Users

Also sometimes the phone will reboot it self when I use the home or back button. The fresh logo will pop up and then it will show a loading... screen for about a minute.

I even tried switching to Android Home and it Force Closed on me. Infact, a lot of my apps have been force closing lately.

Im gonna try uninstalling chompSMS and reinstalling Handcent to see if it only works if afirewall is installed first. Cus handcent and chompSMS are the 2 popular ones so i assume aFirewall should work with both.

Also, while im here. Is there a way to remove the Fresh 1.1 home screen and get back the default HTC Home screen? I kinda miss it lol. I dont wanna get rid of my root though.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

is it possible to get a virus on the phone? anything is possible... however, it's HIGHLY unlikely.. it would to be a virus written for that particular version of Android..that particular Kernel..and then hope that the person that was going to be the target was rooted.. then hope that they'd accept the file containing the virus and then run it.. not as easy as infecting a windows OS is it?

did the problems start soon after installing aFirewall? or after Chomp?? or after any recently installed app? 4 stars doesn't mean it's a good app...

as far as the stock HTC home screen... are you referring to the stock BOOT screen? if so, use the pre-kitchen and click on tool and tweeks.. there you can install boot screens.. choose the sprint boot screen.. if you mean teh HOME screen.. just change your wallpaper in menu/wallpaper

3. neversatisfied

Lag started shortly after aFirewall then ChompSMS.

And when i mean home screen, im saying fresh uses this expresso theme. I want the default HTC Sense UI theme and the default lock screen. I know how to change the lock screen and the boot screen but idk how to change the theme back to default.

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I'd get rid of aFirewall. Sounds like that's what started the lag.

The chances of getting a virus on an android phone are so beyond remote, that such protection programs aren't necessary.

5. mysticmead

not a problem.. run pre-kitchen.. click on tools and tweaks (looks like a wrench) and then install theme.. select defresh full... that puts the lock screen back and gives you the stock bars

6. neversatisfied

This seems to not work for me. I installed Defresh Full Removal. Defresh Lock Removal. And Default task bar. That didnt work, so I tried Defresh Full Removal again. Didnt work. And again... Didnt work.

The boot screen changed, the task bar changed, but not back to the HTC Sense UI theme.

7. mysticmead

ahhh... looking at the release notes for defresh... it doesn't take Espresso out.. you might try asking over at the XDA forums on how to remove Espresso and have the stock SenseUI Theme back. Hero CDMA - xda-developers

8. neversatisfied

Ok i got my default theme back. they provided me with a link to the stock theme.

As for the lag, I "think" i fixed it with the setcpu. I think the performance thing was overworking the CPU. Its ondemand now and my battery isnt dying as fast. And I was just sliding through my menus real fast just to see if it was gone. It could also be because I removed the Photo album widget. That is always a laggy widget for some reason.

9. artex101

artex101 Well-Known Member

dude, im looking at my phone bliking a yellow [WAIT] for what seems like hours now. how did u get the sense ui back?

10. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

Is this a new install of fresh rom ? or you have been running fresh for long time? Reason I asked I ran into same problem when I first installed fresh Rom. Some how my SDcard got corrupted luckily I had everything backup so I restore to stock rom and rooted again then install fresh... I won't go back to stock rom after I install fresh amazing fast compare to stock rom.