Sometimes a reboot is required to charge batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. DarkSky

DarkSky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this normal?

Often at night before I go to bed I'll plug it in to the charger, and the 'charging' icon doesn't appear. I left it overnight, and sure enough, it didn't charge.

I powered off, rebooted, and it is now showing the 'charging' icon. This has happened before.

Ideas anyone?? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Not normal at all. Sounds like you've got a failing battery.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Do you connect your Milestone to your PC?

4. actng

actng Member

this happened to me once too
    i believe the usb cable was plugged into the computer
    a reboot (with the cable still plugged in) enabled the charging to begin
    now i just plug it into a wall outlet and it seems to charge fine everytime

5. Szadzik

This problem occurs when you connect the phone to a PC and then dosconnect it without using the Safely Remove Hardware option.

6. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I do that all the time, but have never experienced this problem.

7. Szadzik

I did remove it improperly once and it caused the problem those guys are describing.

8. DarkSky

DarkSky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Grr!! It was only about 48hrs old (phone and battery) !

Both. And it happens on both (PC and outlet). It seems to happen randomly as last night I left it plugged in to outlet and it was full charge in the morning.

However it might be a bad battery, as my battery level drops to 90% after only about 10mins of only medium usage. After no talking, yet some Robo Defense play and app installs/configs/etc... it was at around 60% after only a few hours. Can a phone drop this fast down to 60% doing those sorts of things?

9. merkman

merkman Active Member

I've used Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and iPhone devices, and the Motorola Milestone battery has the "fastest drain" of any device I've ever used. But I LOVE my device, and wouldn't give it up at this point. When the cell data quit working Saturday morning I FREAKED, and spent most of the day trying to solve the problem online, in an AT&T store, etc. Fortunately one of the folks here got me the right settings by Sunday, and I've been back in business. Because of a factory reset, it's taken a while to get things back, but It's better now.

Anyway, as someone who has watched a couple videos, listened to online radio, and surfed on the phone... even with the brightness turned down, etc. The power definately drains fast. My desktop dock has been here a week, and my 2nd battery should arrive any day. Should be good to go after that, and definately keep a spare micro-usb cable and wall charager handy.

Good to know that the disconnect without safe disconnect is what causes that charging issue. I just wanna know why my device spontanously reboots maybe once a week.