Sometimes I think its too many phones...

Last Updated:

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love my Droid X coming from a Droid and I had an Incredible but sometimes I wish so many phones would not come out so quickly. I had the original iPhone and loved it and still like the iPhone but the network sucks. Having said that I have loved all my Droids but it seems like I'm tempted by a new phone every month..I'm a phone whore! I think its kinda like computers...so many windows...so few mac. I expect to be called an apple fan boy and I am to a point but I love my android phones. I want android to do great and flourish but am I the only one that thinks we can have too many phones...but i also know that we are dealing with only one service with the iPhone and android everyone else.

P.S....Waiting for Android OS for my computer...:D

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

It's good and bad. Good for the many choices and alternatives available to the consumer. Bad for the OS fragmentation issues, not only with the various OS versions but then you have the OS overlays implemented by the manufacturers like Sense, Motoblur, TouchWiz, etc.

3. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

I think it's just a phase. Smartphone technology is advancing really quickly right now and, because of social networking like Facebook and Twitter, more and more people are switching from dumbphones and multimedia phones to smartphones.

The manufacturers and carriers see this demand so they want to put out smartphones to fill every possible niche from features to price point to grab the attention of as many potential buyers as they can.

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Yeah, technology is like the stock market. It's pretty insane how fast they pump these things out.

5. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

Its worse being a tech savvy person and seeing a 'stronger, better, faster" phone come out every 2 months. Even worse is that they spend the time developing the phone, and it inherently delays the updated OS to the prior phone.

6. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

So many choices means the fledgling operating system has really taken off. Sure, fragmentation is an issue, but if we only had a few phones coming out yearly, to me it would be a sign that the demand isn't that high. It does kinda stink how fast the "lastest and greatest" phone gets left in the dust, but at the same time it's nice that the technology is moving forward quickly too. I think the Android system and market are doing quite well for only being around a year or so. Can't wait til the gaming apps really pick up steam.

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

At the rate Android phones come out, Verizon should make it New Every One. :D

8. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No kidding! I'm just going to try to stick with the X for a while and just be happy with it....well it sounds good anyway.:rolleyes:

9. nlitenme

nlitenme Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be great? ;)

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I moved this thread out of the Droid X area as it has Android in general as its discussion point rather than the X. ;)

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

More choices is always better. Really, most newer devices are such incremental improvements that I don't see the point in jumping at every device announcement. YMMV, of course.