Sometimes the grass isnt always greener!

Last Updated:

1. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I am very dissapointed right now. I just ported from ATT to VZW. I was rocking the Nexus 1 with ATT for a month and a half. Full service in my house, I was excited for the Incredible so I picked one up tonight. Everything seemed fine until I got home and noticed I had no bars and occassionally one bar. My gf called me and it sounded like I was 100ft under ground, very spotty coverage ( I had VZW for 9 years and 3.5 years in my current house with out issue). I read all the concerns on the signal bars being innaccurate on the HTC Inc. I said ok, lets see I made a few more calls signal was a bit better then I dropped a call, then another one!! With my N1 I hadn't dropped one call in the 6 weeks I've had it!!! Also, the sound quality was not very good compared to the N1.

I am going to give it a few more days, luckily I can port back to AT&T with out issue if this phone doesnt get better. This could be a big blow to VZW if this signal and sound issue is more wide spread.

BTW, its a great phone, really not much different than the N1 besides the HTC Sense(which is nice) and the 2 more home screens.

Advertisement
  2. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I know what youre going through. I have been on ATT for 6 yrs and in November I ported to VZW for the Droid. I got no 3g at my house, whereas on ATT I got full bars. Also, I dropped more calls in 10 days on Verizon than I had in 6 years on ATT. Needless to say after 10 days I ported back to ATT.

Very happy now with my N1 on ATT.

That being said, it took 5 months for Verizon to send me my money back that I overpaid in the beginning. That pissed me off to no end. Good luck to you.

3. jsward12

Hey Hyper, yeah I dont think I am going to keep it. So when you went back to ATT did you just bring your phone into a store and did they issue you a new SIM card?

Thanks!

4. HyperM3

I never got rid of my SIM card. I actually went through Best Buy for my switch. It was really easy. I just took my droid back and they ported me to the new bold 9700 at the time. I walked out working on ATT.

5. jsward12

Oh yeah? So I wonder if I could do that swap back over the phone as I still have the same SIM card. I bought the HTC DI from a verizon store so....

6. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

My 2 cents................
    Maybe you just had a bad luck and picked up a faulty phone - things happen, you know, BUT..............
    Have you ever wonder why there are so many TV and Radio commercial made for Verizon?? And much less for ATT, and very few for T-Mo?? Because everybody knows (including VZW) that Verizon sux and they are losing customers like crazy!! Those "best 3G coverage" thing in commercial are for those noobs who don

7. jsward12

Yeah I really have never had any issues with ATT, I had the iphone and then the n1. Verizon was fine when I had it but all I had were dumb phones. Now this Inc is pretty much the same as the N1 but with really crappy reception. In the Incredible forum there are a ton of people having the same issues.

Back to ATT I go!

8. AngryX

AngryX Member

ironically I have the opposite of the OP, my daughter has perfect signal with VZW in our house, however with my N1 and t-mobile I have zero coverage in the house. I have to stand at a window to make a call. If I walk outside full 3G coverage... Strange. But I like my N1 so much I deal with it. Plus I really don't want to pay the higher prices of VZW.

9. DroidDave

DroidDave Active Member

I have the DI and even though the bars may not all be lit up, the reception is great as well as data transfer. The phone is great and the best thing on the market right now. Give the phone a chance.

10. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

Jsward12,
    I too switched from AT&T to Verizon last Thursday. I bought the Incredible, got home and had no reception. I always had great reception with AT&T. I really liked the Incredible, it was a great phone, so I waited a little to see if the reception would improve, but it didn't. So today I ported my numbers back to AT&T and ordered my Nexus One from google. So now I am without a phone till it comes in. (I sold my Tilt 2 when I got the Incredible)

11. jsward12

Interesting, you'll love the N1 basically the same thing as the Incredible minus the HTC Sense (which is pretty nice). Did they issue you a new SIM card when you ported back?

12. kgeissler

yes...I actually had 3 lines that I ported to verizon. So when went back today, they gave me 3 new sim cards (i don't know why my old ones would not work)

Another thing, when I went to Verizon to bring 2 of the 3 phones back they told me that since i cut the UPC's off the boxes for the rebates, they would deduct that off what they were going to refund me. I tried to tell her that when the rebates get processed, they will get rejected because I no longer have service with Verizon. She said I would still get the rebate, which I find hard to believe.

Anyway, when she refund me the money, she gave me a full refund for the phones. Now if I get the rebate in addition to that, i will really be happy. :)

13. jsward12

thats good to know!

14. surin

surin Member

to port back, you can call AT&T porting at 888-898-7685(pretty sure that's their number)
    they can do a win back activation within the first 60 days, no new sim card required(usually) and you don't have to do any activation fee or sign a new contract

i used to work porting with AT&T... watch out going to a COR store.. they are great for new activations and upgrades.. they like to basically get you into a new contract when you come back within the winback period...

15. jsward12

Surin,

I tried it, said it worked but my VZW phone still works and my ATT phone does not. How long did it take?

16. surin

surin Member

as long as you went through the whole winback jazz, the rep should have given you a due date and time for when everything would complete, usually you just need to turn off both phones, then just turn on the AT&T phone..

17. kgeissler

Since I was only with Verizon for one week, will I still have to pay Verizon's activation fees?

18. HyperM3

Yeah, they got me on that too. Bastards!