SOMETIMES Verizon CAN be cool

Last Updated:

1. Gato

Gato Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my son has moved out into an off campus apartment that he shares with a roommate. They are college students so they don't have a landline and depend on their cell phones. I get a panicked email from him this morning saying that his rapidly aging CrackBerry Curve died. I tell him that he'll have to come home and get my redamndiculous Samsung Glyde to use till his upgrade. Apparently this was unacceptable. So I call Verizon and since they love me so much (I'm a 10 year customer) they moved his upgrade date up to today (it was only two weeks to go...but still).

So the kid gets a shiny new Droid 2. It will be here Friday I think.

Advertisement
  2. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Very nice upgrade!.. I have no problems with Verizon at all. They have always treated me well and helped me out when possible. I think they get a bad rep sometimes but I have no desire to switch to another provider at all.

3. Joe_Evaristo

Joe_Evaristo Well-Known Member

I've had similar great customer service from Verizon. They're top notch in my book--they're always willing to help a customer who has a legitimate problem and doesn't demand the whole world from them.

4. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

yup. i've been with them for about 10 years and i can't remember the last time i waited until my actual upgrade date to get a new phone. my phones usually start having issues 1-3 months before my upgrade date and i've never once had a problem or been turned down by vzw when i ask if i can just upgrade a little early.

5. Joe_Evaristo

Joe_Evaristo Well-Known Member

In the past, I've never had phones crap out on me before upgrade time--in fact my LG VX8350 is in amazing condition, barring a few scratches on the casing, and it's a 3 year old phone! I've picked some pretty solid phones. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of choosing an HTC Droid Eris this time around...

...I'll wait until you stop laughing to continue... :-

6. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

I have to agree. My Samsung fascinate was recently having problems and the tech support lady was really helpful. Everytime I have called them I have had nothing but great customer service. I have no intention of switching. Especially now that LTE might use sim-cards and I am international student that goes back every summer.I can use my kickass phones back home.

7. sandiegosteve

sandiegosteve New Member

I'm going to need to try again... 8+ years, my phone is eligible and my wife's is next month. I've tried 2 times and they won't move up her date to do the BOGO Fascinate deal.

All of the third party mall dealers will... but I assume there is a catch with them.

8. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

when i went through 4 Droid Eris, they gave me a free Droid 1. When I went through 8 Droid 1s, they gave me a Droid 2! VZW is the best... "most" of the time, bcuz u do get your strict reps who would have to;d him to wait until he can upgrade.