Sony abandoning multitouch???Support

Last Updated:

1. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Noticed this on Pcworld website. Im not looking to start a multitouch b*tch fest so please keep it civil.

Know Your Touch Screens - PCWorld

Advertisement
  2. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

That article is not very well written in my opinion. I think I understand the author's point but it is so full of ridiculous comparisons and analogies that I found it mostly nonsense to read.

The whole MPG argument is now without it's merits. However, there are three aspects to the MPG experience he was describing. He fails account for the difference between one or all three aspects (multi-touch, physics and gestures). IMO the physics and gestures contribute far more to the experience than multi-touch. You don't need multi-touch to scroll through your contacts, photos, or other list type activities. I personally use my phone for these type of activities far more than any other. So, in that regard, any Android device has a suitable experience based on only two of the three MPG aspects. I really don't think not having multi-touch affects the experience nearly as much as not having physics or gestures would.