1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Sony ebook reader.General

1. BigHappyGod

BigHappyGod New Member

Anyone have one of these? What's the general consensus? Buy? No buy?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Andeh

Andeh Member

I work in a Sony Centre and have been playing with one for the last week. It's a definate buy!!!

Full remote control via Infra-Red, PS1 inside, DLNA compatible, eReader, HD Movie player, HD screen, it's got the lot!!

I will definately be getting one with my staff discount :D
  3. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Well-Known Member

I like the tablet's physical design. Holding it in portrait mode is very comfortable along the wider edge.. It actually has very good viewing angles so when laying it flat, the wider edge does make it easier to view (not as good as a stand, but it's useable.)

Audio is ok, screen is nice. Performance after the update to 3.2 is better than what was on the unit in the store (BB).

However, the main reason I purchased it is for use as a remote control and for the PSP gaming features.

The remote control features work for my television and Comcast cable box, but since you have to access the app and switch to that control screen, it's not as quick as just picking up the remote (which you can feel by touch where the buttons are.)

The PSP and PSOne gaming features don't appear to be working except for the included two games. Sony's PlayStation Network is down again (at least today) and they've taken their Media Go software utility down (hopefully to update it for the tablets they've just introduced.)

Overall I like it, it's a great couch tablet/reader. (I'm more partial to HTC devices for web reading because of their great text reflow.) But it also includes their "Chumby" features and with the 39.99 stand works pretty well.

I must point out that I think someone forgot to include a USB cable in the packaging. I can't imagine they intentionally left it out. They put in a lanyard/strap but left out the basic USB cable. Really?
  4. wilgluck

wilgluck New Member

I Just ordered a skin cover for my eBook reader from an online store.The cover is attractive with a fresh design,But my main concern is to prevent it from damage.

Sony ebook reader skin cover
  5. jbenham

jbenham Well-Known Member

Isn't OP talking about the ereader, not the S tablet? I have the PRS 505 ereader and it is great! Got my wife the PRS 600 and it isn't as good. Now they come with wifi.