Sony Ericsson snubbed Google over Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Foo (AZ)

Foo (AZ) Well-Known Member

I thought this was a bit misleading. If the offer doesn't fit within the interests of their company then it doesn't. That isn't a snub or much reason for these articles. They simply don't want to be an OEM. Is that newsworthy?

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I'm so glad they didn't make it. I have had several SE phones and honestly have never got on with them. They seem to make phones now with a camera with as many mega pixels as possible or with some fancy media player that is never really that fancy.

HTC make far better phones IMO. I do agree with Foo though in that if SE don't want to produce a phone for another company than they are well within reason to decline the offer.

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Count me in for being glad that SE didn't make the N1. For one, we still wouldn't see it and it'd probably have been released in April at a stupid price and outdated hardware. Not to mention that prior to the X10--which is still not out, holy hell--SE's had no experience with Android, whereas HTC has always shown that they have a good handle on it.

Far as I'm concerned, SE can crash and burn.

5. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

+1
    Totally agree.

My friend recently bought the Satio because they have had SE phones in the past and wanted one like an iPhone for a lower price. After paying

6. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

SE has been trying to make a comeback for years... they were a flagship back in the day but kind of got run out of town by nokia... honestly i just dont see it happening though... especially when they're putting out stuff like the satio... that thing is hideous