Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 2.1 UpdadeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. colin4unow

colin4unow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All I have just spoke to Sony Ericsson UK today 11/08/2010 and was informed that the Xperia X10 will be getting the 2.1 update any time between now and September and that the X10 will never have multi touch. I hope this is a help to X10 users

Colin

Advertisement
  2. kennystorholt

kennystorholt Active Member

On my phone it says the firmware version is 1.6. Is this correct and will it upgrade to 2.1?

3. colin4unow

colin4unow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes at present 1.6 is correct but any time between now and september we will get an update to 2.1. also go to settings scroll down to about phone then software update and select Automatic search this should notify you as soon as its available. hope this helps

Colin

4. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

If the phone didn't have multitouch functionality when put together, a software update won't magically implement it. It's a hardware difference, the x10's touchscreen simply isn't made to cope with more than one touch at a time, no matter what software it uses.

5. xjing392

xjing392 New Member

it's very bad news to x10 and users,more and more phones support multitouch today,but x10 as a senior phone is not good at this point.