Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Scottpeterbell

Scottpeterbell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys am new to this site but i was wondering if yous could help me out with my phone. How do you get a wallpaper to fit on the x10 screen? cause everyone i seem to get its far to big for my screen?? And whens the 2.1 update coming for it

thanks scott

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Hi Scott,

For the wallpaper, you need to put the image file in your phone, of course. I suggest you add it to the "picture" folder on your SD Card with the stock wallpapers. Then from your home screen, click on the menu button (on the left) and select wallpaper (if you're asked, open with Mediascape). Once you're in mediascape, select the "My Albums" tag at the bottom and find your picture. Once it's been selected, you should see your big image resized to fit your screen, and an orange square. The orange square is the size of your home screen (all three screens actually). You can change its size by dragging your finger.

As for the 2.1 update, Sony Ericsson has scheduled it for what we think is the last week of September. This might change depending on where you live and if your phone is branded or not.

Scottpeterbell likes this.
  3. Scottpeterbell

right cheers guys a'll give it a try tonight when am home from work and ave came across that wee orange square but still doesnt seem to make it the size of the screen but i will try again. Got to wait till then they are taking their time about it arn't they cheers anyway guys :)

4. Scottpeterbell

right cheers guys a'll give it a try tonight when am home from work and ave came across that wee orange square but still doesnt seem to make it the size of the screen but i will try again. Got to wait till then they are taking their time about it arn't they cheers anyway guys :)

5. Scottpeterbell

mmmmm i dunno if am doing it right or not but it still dont want to fit on my screen? see if you take a pic with the camera then use as the wallpaper does that fit ?

6. BingoRingo

Yes it should fit. Try with another file maybe?

7. RBT

RBT New Member

Hi,

What is the latest firmware for X10i i can download. I'm here in the philippines and my running firmware is r2ba020. Is there a difference between this firmware and R2ba023 or 026?

8. Scottpeterbell

the only pic that seems to fit perfectly on the screen is a picture of my mother and i dont fancy that to much lol i aslo tried taking pics with my camera and trying it then but it still wont fit the hole picture on my screen

9. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

LOL... sorry no constructive answer on the picture front, just goe this image of you pulling your phone out at work and having to explain why your wallpaper is your Mum! :D:D

As an alternative how about getting the Backgrounds app and choosing from their 20,000 odd images. I've got some beautiful ones.

I have just tried with a picture taken on my phone and dragged the orange box open to its largest extent and the image covers all three of my home screens fine on SE's stock launcher and is fine over the 5 screens I have on ADW. You can't have the whole picture if that makes sense, you have to select the area but once selected it seems fine.

10. Scottpeterbell

haha yeah i think a'd have alot of explaining to do lol yeah i did that ave got some off their but i was trying to put a pic of my car up and when i drag the orange box around it, the whole car fits in and some bits in the back ground but as soon as i hit save all i get is the passengers side light and some of the front door :s

11. BingoRingo

Another idea: maybe the file is corrupted in some way? Try saving it as a new file from Photoshop or whatever photo editor application you're using.

Else, I have no idea! If you want you could put the file online and I could try it on my phone to see if it works.

12. Scottpeterbell

oh wait its there certain applications to use to put pics as your wallpaper cause am just getting a picture and setting it straight to the wallpaper or do you have to use a an app for it

13. BingoRingo

Some applications will put the wallpaper without great success, for example I just JustPictures! and unless your image file is exactly the same as the phone's resolution, it won't look good.

Using MediaScape and the orange square should work though.

14. Scottpeterbell

thats what i normally use just the media scape but it doesnt seem to fit a'll try that one your using see it that works cause the wallpapers on it aren't that good and a bit plain :/

15. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

its not supposed to FIT it to the screen - what you do with the orange box is choose what part of the image to use as the homescreen

in other words if the original image is not the exact dimensions of the homescreen you can't use all of it as it would have to be stretched/squashed to fit, therefore distorting it

16. 6000

6000 Active Member

Don't forget that your wallpaper has to fit across 3 screens, so if you choose an image of a group of people, for example, then you will only see the middle of the group on the central screen and the sides of the group on the other screens.
    I found that landscapes work best because of this.

17. Scottpeterbell

ahhh i get it now i didn't notice it did that until now this fone is better than i thought now i no why it doesn't just fit on the front screen it does it across the 3 of them

cheers guys :)