Sony google tv questions

Last Updated:

1. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting more intrested in google tv, but I got some concerns about some specs.

I can't seems to find anything on what HZ any of the tvs do or what contrast ratio they have.

Does anyone have any info on this? Not sure if I should get a sony google tv or wait and see what else is comming out. or get the logitech.

Advertisement
  2. slipper

slipper Member

I know for a fact the 24" and 32" are 60hz. I'm not in the market for a 40"+ so i didn't bother to look at the largest model.

Contrast ratio is a mystery. If i am not mistaken, edge-lit LED/LCD TVs do not have the best contrast ratio.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Sony 40" is also 60hrz for a fact. this alone is the deal killer for me. I mean come on. At least 120hrz please! Plus, another bummer is Edge lit LED versus more consistent array LED lighting.

4. slipper

slipper Member

60hz is low for this price point, its a bit of a turn off for me. 120hz would be great.

Full array is a bit much to ask for at this price point.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Toshiba has the "DynaLight" system which claims to give the local dimming dynamic backlighting AND is 120hz AND is in that price range. the 40UX600U for example. that TV with the Revue would be about $1080 in price. pretty damn close.