1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Sony Liveview 2 - what's on the left of the screen?

1. Paul7876

Paul7876 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Sony Liveview 2 / MN2 has a notification LED?

I've just received one and to the left of the screen on the black border there is something that looks like it might be an LED. I haven't seen it light, but it's a perfect circle about 1mm across and dead centre (vertically). If it's a manufacturing defect, it's a very neat looking one :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find specs for the live view and there's no mention of a LED notification light. I wonder if the thing you are seeing is an ambient light sensor. If the live view has a auto brightness setting, it may be an ambient light sensor. Just my guess though.
  3. Paul7876

Good idea but as far as I'm aware it doesn't have a brightness setting at all.
    Every picture I've looked at doesn't show this whatever it is on the screen, but like I said it's perfectly positioned and made for a defect so I find it hard to believe it is one
  4. Paul7876

I'm just watching the introduction video for the watch on the Sony website, and the watch they're showing has the same thing.
    Now I'm convinced its not a defect, can't see Sony letting that one out if it was lol
  5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

That's so odd. Is it a proximity sensor? Does the watch turn on and off when you put it in your pocket? Lol, I don't know about you but it bugs me when I can't figure out what something is supposed to do on a device. Haha. Keep me updated, Paul. Have a good one.
  6. Paul7876

No, it doesn't go off and no response to my email to Sony on 21st Jan so I guess they're not in a helpful mood.
    If I ever manage to find out what it is, I'll post back.
    xmr405o likes this.