• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sony Playstation 1 (PSX) on Android working and coming soon!

what you can do is use an app for the psp which lets you convert two/ three discs games into one file and compresses it also. i used to use it all time for my old psp. psx4droid uses the pbp format aswell.................sudeki300

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying a program called psximpaler.

Update

Looks like psximpaler isnt working. I combined disk one and two but the new file wont load in psx4droid. Anyone else have any luck with this or know another method?

Upvote 0
I piratried psx4Droid today and WOW that thing works amazingly well. Easily worth double it's price, buying it now.
I use the physical keyboard on my milestone for controls, so I'm not dealing with any multi-touch problems. Too bad there isn't another button next to the camera, but it's not really a problem to remap things a bit when playing a game that uses r2 often.

Amazing job, zod!

Upvote 0
Haha, oh well, misunderstandings happen to everyone~
The market should be more international so that people can just get refunds if they don't like apps.
Hmm, that might be a pretty good idea. But then there should be restrictions to the refunds. I think that would work best if a refund could only be claimed within 24 hours, and only once per account. Otherwise people could just buy an app, use it for some time, and when they don't use it anymore, get a refund, and the developer ends up with no money.

OK, after you pay, get him to fix it. ;)
I don't think he'll be able to fix a button-shortage on the hardware of my phone with a software update :p

Upvote 0
Haha, oh well, misunderstandings happen to everyone~

Hmm, that might be a pretty good idea. But then there should be restrictions to the refunds. I think that would work best if a refund could only be claimed within 24 hours, and only once per account. Otherwise people could just buy an app, use it for some time, and when they don't use it anymore, get a refund, and the developer ends up with no money.

I don't think he'll be able to fix a button-shortage on the hardware of my phone with a software update :p

I'm pretty sure it is like that already. I was trying to get the psx emulator, and it wouldn't let me download. So, I kept cancelling the purchase and trying to download and buy again. It wouldn't let me return it after 3rd time I believe.

Upvote 0
Wow, this is awesome. Some of my fav titles I played on playstation back in the day. Tomb raider games, ATV off road fury, etc. I would love this emulator on my Incredible.

Has this been tested as working and functional? PS1 games on my Droid 2 would be amazing, but the OP only has 5 posts and I have ran into issues before like this - just checking, thanks so much! :)

Upvote 0
It's definitely working, I'll send you a PM and try and help you out.

You're the man! Since you mentioned the PS roms are larger, is there a way I can save all the roms to my laptop's external HDD and just tranfer them into the phone as needed when I want to play them? You had said something about having to perform multiple steps to get PS games to work, it isn't like the SNES, NES, Game Boy, or Sega Genesis roms, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones