Sony pro duo memory alternative

Last Updated:

1. Mathew

Mathew New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the HTC incredible, and I would like for it to be able to read memory cards other than the micro sd. Specifically, I am interested in using Sony Pro Duos and transferring pictures from the pro duo card to my device. Assuming I acquired the proper usb cables and then hooked a card reader up to the device, would this work?

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Connecting the card reader directly into the phone's usb port = No

Android does not have a USB host yet, I can pull out all the threads relating to this or you can search. I suspect with the upcoming tablets, we'll see some USB love in 3.0 ginger.

My advice is just to connect your phone to your computer and connect the card reader to your computer and drag and drop like that.

3. Mathew

Mathew New Member This Topic's Starter

The problem is that I will not be around my computer when I access the pics. They are coming off of a "wildlife camera" that will be used outdoors, and I will be way off the beaten path while checking this camera. I would like to view pics via my phone but I guess you are telling me that this is impossible with the Droid?

4. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

I don't know of any phone that can do that with USB as of yet. Why don't you just get 2 cards and use them in rotation, then just look at the pics at home on your computer?

5. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Well, there are memory stick adapters. Basically an empty memory stick that you put a micro sd card into and use it in your sony device. I have one that takes two micro into a memory stick. Allows me to have a 64gb memory card using two 32gb micro SD for all my PSP roms! Works perfectly. I know mine has to have both cards in and formatted as one large memory stick so pulling out one memory card won't work. However, maybe the adapter that takes only one memory card will allow you to pull the card and swap between devices. I THINK I can format my double memory stick adapter with only one micro SD in it and will function that way also, but not sure.