Last Updated:

1. puleen

puleen Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

3. puleen

puleen Well-Known Member

Not teeny bit, a WHOLE LOT of SARCASM. :)
  4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Now here's the funny thing... now that HTC has announced the Magic will be updated to 2,1, it may actually end up being more advanced than the SE X10!

I corresponded with SE via Twitter today and asked if the X10 would be upgraded to 2.0 for Rogers owners. I was told that the X10
  5. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

As long as they are at 2.x, it should be good.
    Of course they will not able to upgrade as soon as new os is out. ;)
  6. puleen

puleen Well-Known Member

Coming out with 1.6 now is like getting to the opera during the last 5 minutes. Why wouldn't they just update the OS to 2.0 and start with a major revision as their base.
  7. opus904

opus904 Member

I agree the phone hasn't even been released in canada yet, why wouldn't rogers load it with 2.1, and try to sway more customers to buy it? I thing the X10 is going to be pricey anyway.
  8. Andy2010

Andy2010 Well-Known Member

It takes time to go through testing. Nexus One running 2.1 already have problem with T-mobile network. It is hard for SE to catch up with the newer OS release.
  9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I think it's the UI with Timescape and Mediascape that might cause a problem for SE to update the OS to 2.x efficiently since the UI seems to be so customized. XD

Signing off
    -Roze-
  10. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

sarcasm aside, haven't we learned anything about buying phones from Rogers? Buy it unlocked and use it as intended. At least we know it works on Rogers....
    "Exclusive" is supposed to be a marketing term to entice me? fail, makes me less interested. Besides, Sony hasn't earned my respect yet, they've shown their bad side too many times. And Rogers, well,.......
  11. Chiefbroom

Chiefbroom Member

Has there been any updates anywhere about this phone and a release date? I thought I read somewhere that it would be out in Japan in June.

I am thinking about not going for the Magic exchange offer so that I'll be eligible for some sort of upgrade by June. But by that time it will have only been a year so I was wondering if anyone knows how much over the introductory price I might have to pay? Anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks!