Sony Xperia L 'Device Memory Full'General

1. tundra347

tundra347 New Member

Hi forums,

Just quoting phone in case anybody else has had the same problem and it's a manufacturing issue. The phone has used 1.5GB of internal storage, leaving 20MB free, after a clean of all cache files, moving all apps possible to the SD card, and using one of those cleaner apps to remove all the junk files. It's preventing most of the apps I still have from running at all. Is there any fix for this? I'd rather not root the phone as it's on contract and my providers will be a bit funny about providing a new phone if something goes wrong, but if that's the only possible solution then I'll do it. I should also say that I have roughly 28GB free on the SD, but the phone won't let me move any of the remaining files across.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved your question to the area where your phone is discussed.

... Thom
  3. JoRu

JoRu New Member

The problem you described is a known bug for Xperia L, reported by many. Check out the thread on Sonys support forum. I cannot add a link directly, but if you go the the Xperia L forum and search for device memory full, you will find it - a thread of 10 pages.

Unfortunately, Sony have not presented a solution to this up to date as far as I know. Nor have they actually recognized the issue or commented on it.