Sony Xperia Play on AT&T will not download mms picturesSupport

1. orasa

orasa New Member

Sorry if there's a thread about this already but I didn't see an obvious one. Recently whenever someone sends me a photo through mms, I cannot download it. When I click to download, it just tells me the download was unsuccessful and to try again later. This happens on the stock messaging app and on go sms pro, which is when I normally use.

I keep finding in other places that maybe it's something to do with connectivity settings or setting up a VPN or something but I'm not sure exactly how to do that...

Help please??

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello orasa - welcome to Android Forums... thanks for joining! :)

I've had a similar issue with my Desire HD. There are a couple of things that you could check... do you have the correct APN's (Access Point Names) for your network? You should be able to get these from your network provider...maybe even in the form of a text message sent from them. It is also worth noting that MMS only works with a data connection (AFAIK it doesn't work if you are trying to download pictures over Wifi).

Let us know if this helps... if not, we can try to suggest other solutions :D
  3. orasa

orasa New Member

I found these APN settings:
    At&t apn & mms settings android - Nerdy Nerd Nerdz:: Live it, Learn it, Apply it!

Tried those, still didn't work. Tried restarting phone, still doesn't work. Also tried restoring the apn to default settings ... still not working

Also is there any way to receive mms on a wifi network? I'm fairly sure that used to work because I'm always on the wifi at my apartment and at work and I don't remember having this many problems with mms before now