Sony Xperia X10 - $1.00General

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just checked in at Wirefly.com. The X10 is almost a FREE phone now, selling for $1.00 with a 2 year contract. WOW! Just an FYI..

I wonder if they got the word about all of the mumbling going on regarding our supposed upgrades, Hmmmm.:mad:

Advertisement
  2. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

do you not get phones free on contracts over there then?

3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes and NO, it is dependent on the phones at the time. I paid $79.99 when I got the X10, but the price started dropping a week after I got it and now it is heading for the free phone zone.. A sad story really, since most new people looking at phones view new phones as bottom basement deals, and this phone doesn't deserve that ranking, but SE I believe is the cause and will remain the cause for the forseeable future...

4. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I am in the UK. I got my contract upgrade to the X10 without any "existing user deals", so I had to pay the same prices a new user would pay.

I got the phone for FREE on an 18 month contract, which includes, unlimited (3GB) internet, unlimited texts, 500 minutes all for

5. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

I try to avoid any contracts at all. As it is here in Kanuckistan with Rogers,
    You can pretty much get an Xperia for $100 with a locked in 3 year contract. Good deal no?
    Right...
    That's why I just pay for the phone I want usually someone who wants to dump theirs after a few months for 2/3 the cost of a new phone and go month to month. I just hate being handcuffed to a contract. I did that once (a 3 year contract with a free Motorola 2W Bag Phone) back about 14 years ago with Telus and regretted every minute afterwards.

Data rates are obscene regardless of length of contract here.

I just don't feel the limitations everybody else is feeling without 2.1/2.2. I kinda like my phone. It does everything I want (since I don't do social networking or have a data plan), and it does everything else I NEED.

I'd probably be more angry if I paid full price though.

6. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member

T mobile UK, free internet, 600 mins, 500 text - phone for free at

7. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

I got mine with a 3 years prison for 99$, the week before they were selling it 150$ (price drop due to the iphone4)