• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soocial - great for syncing with Outlook & others

I've been searching for a way of syncing my Outlook contacts with the contacts on my Hero since I got it in August, with no joy. Every avenue I turn to seemed to suggest exporting to a csv then importing to gmail. All well and good for an inital sync, but I want a contact to appear in both Outlook and my phone when I add it to either one of them.

The answer - Soocial (www.soocial.com). This web app syncs your contacts with Outlook and Gmail, as well as Hotmail, Yahoo!, iPhone, Blackberry, Mac and a bunchy of phones. It works seamlessly. I definately recommend it!

I use it alongside Google Calendar Sync (Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help) to keep my Outlook calendar and contacts synced with my Hero. Works invisibley and seamlessly!

I just thought I'd mention hit here, as I've spent ages looking for a solution, and hopefully this will save someone else some time!

Thanks for the info! But I tried to link it up, and it acted like it did, except for the quick screen at the very end. But when I sign in, the screen goes black. Phone didn't crash, I just hit back button to previous screen Seems it would never hook up. Do I have to tell Verizon I need it hooked up? The IT guy I used was stumped and said it should be working.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info! But I tried to link it up, and it acted like it did, except for the quick screen at the very end. But when I sign in, the screen goes black. Phone didn't crash, I just hit back button to previous screen Seems it would never hook up. Do I have to tell Verizon I need it hooked up? The IT guy I used was stumped and said it should be working.

Could be your server settings. I know in my case, I had to use our proxy server to connect. Meaning... on my pc, the exchange server address is not the same address I put in on the droid, I used the proxy server address.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I also use Google Calender Sync and Soocial. I have access to my outlook contacts and calendar almost everywhere now, and that is great. The only thing I am missing from outlook is Notes. If I had to I could use Tasks without a due date instead of Notes, but I don't think that will work on the Droid either. Anyone have a sync workaround yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones