Soocial - great for syncing with Outlook & others

Last Updated:

1. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Member This Topic's Starter

I've been searching for a way of syncing my Outlook contacts with the contacts on my Hero since I got it in August, with no joy. Every avenue I turn to seemed to suggest exporting to a csv then importing to gmail. All well and good for an inital sync, but I want a contact to appear in both Outlook and my phone when I add it to either one of them.

The answer - Soocial (www.soocial.com). This web app syncs your contacts with Outlook and Gmail, as well as Hotmail, Yahoo!, iPhone, Blackberry, Mac and a bunchy of phones. It works seamlessly. I definately recommend it!

I use it alongside Google Calendar Sync (Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help) to keep my Outlook calendar and contacts synced with my Hero. Works invisibley and seamlessly!

I just thought I'd mention hit here, as I've spent ages looking for a solution, and hopefully this will save someone else some time!

Advertisement
  2. radar

radar New Member

So what is the cost of this service?

3. zcar.300

zcar.300 Member

And it doesn't work on the Droid. :-(
    We really need a solution for syncing contacts and calendars with outlook on the Droid.

4. captpuget

captpuget New Member

Why not just follow the link?

5. dannydoes

dannydoes Active Member

I heard you have to get the more expensive data plan from Verizon at $45 instead of $30 to be able to use outlook with the Droid. At least for my work outlook account. Anyone know a work around?

6. jdaly

jdaly Member

That's too bad, my outlook works great on the $30 plan. Maybe you can find out something from your IT guys to get that working.

7. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

I use my $30 Verizon plan with my work account. And Verizon doesn't care about me. They want to ding the *corporate* customers $45.

8. dannydoes

dannydoes Active Member

Thanks for the info! But I tried to link it up, and it acted like it did, except for the quick screen at the very end. But when I sign in, the screen goes black. Phone didn't crash, I just hit back button to previous screen Seems it would never hook up. Do I have to tell Verizon I need it hooked up? The IT guy I used was stumped and said it should be working.

9. jdaly

jdaly Member

Could be your server settings. I know in my case, I had to use our proxy server to connect. Meaning... on my pc, the exchange server address is not the same address I put in on the droid, I used the proxy server address.

10. dannydoes

dannydoes Active Member

Thanks for the help. Turned out on our Kerio server, we had to check a box for something like allow unapproved devices in the mail server side. Than it worked just as it should. Score! Screw Verizon for trying to suck another 15 bucks out of me.

11. samuelchua

samuelchua Member

I am using HTC Sync, and it's free!

12. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Too bad google sync doesn't work with Outlook 2010 beta

13. nightwaves

nightwaves New Member

14. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

this app is great and it is FREE and works on the Droid. Only thing is that is isnt compatible with Outlook 2010 Beta which i love so much more than outlook 07 so i have to wait till they update their software!

15. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

I also use Google Calender Sync and Soocial. I have access to my outlook contacts and calendar almost everywhere now, and that is great. The only thing I am missing from outlook is Notes. If I had to I could use Tasks without a due date instead of Notes, but I don't think that will work on the Droid either. Anyone have a sync workaround yet?