Soon to be a former Blackberry User

Last Updated:

1. bigcol

bigcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, Im Colin and come from the UK, just outside Liverpool. At the moment, Ive got a Blackberry Bold 9700 and am looking to change my life for the better and join the Android revolution. Sooo many Android Mobiles to choose from, I don't quite know where to start. As I said I have a BB bold 9700. This is my second BB after having a BB Bold 9000. I feel its time foir a change after seeing my brother samsung galaxy i5700 in action. So over to you guys, the people in rthe know. Recommend me an Android. Thanks in advance and peace out!

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!

Sent from Droid

3. drew fullen

drew fullen New Member

4. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I made the switch the beginning of last month. Aside from a few minor things, I couldn't be happier. Not having a physical keyboard is something I'm still not totally in love with. I've gotten a lot faster using Swype, and I'm down to one-hand entry using my thumb in portrait mode. But I have to look at the phone most of the time, and that's annoying. No more long emails while driving... The beautiful screen makes this concession probably worth it. The other thing I'm really missing is the customization of the LED notifications. Not only did I lose custom LED notifications, but I also lost LED notifications period while the phone is charging.

So there's two complaints. Aside from those two issues, I couldn't be happier and wouldn't look back. The operating system is so much nicer thank BB's.