Soon To Be Android-Convert

Last Updated:

1. nuubie

nuubie New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am totally new to this Forum.

The reason why I am in this Forum as I want to know to convert to the Android Platform.

I have been using WM platform since 2005 till now and most recently has a HTC TouchPro2. It hangs so frequently that I need to soft reset almost twice a day. Enough is enough, I need a new platform to explore.

The reason why I do not want to buy the iPhone as it is over-hyped. In my country, within a small square area while taking the public transport, there are at least 8 to 10 people flashing their iPhones daily. This is too much to take. I need a new platform.

Android ...

I really want to move to this platform BUT one thing that holds me back is the transfer of ALL my SMS and contacts from my Windows Mobile 6.5 platform phone.

I have about over 2,500 contacts, 7,000 incoming SMS and about 10,000 outgoing SMS.

I need to port ALL of these over to the Android phone faithfully, as I am in the sales vocation this is of paramount importance.

Can any kind soul advise if there are apps (whether paid or free) that do these transfer faithfully ?

Only and until I am able to have all my WM 6.5 stuff transferred over will I be able to enjoy the Android open platform.

Thanks.[​IMG]

Nuubie
    14 Jul 2010

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!

Sent from Droid

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It's easy.. I went to android from wm. I had thousands of contacts too. Here's how you do it. Open a google account, if you haven't one already. There's an option to import contacts from your Outlook. That's what I did. Fast, simple and voila!

Perhaps there's another way, but that's what I did.

Welcome!!!!

4. nuubie

nuubie New Member This Topic's Starter

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ Steven58:

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do not use Outlook at all. I am using Sprite Backup to back up my contacts etc.

Like yourself, huge contacts, sms messages are important to me, I would really like a smooth transition, granted that there MAY be some format differences between the 2 platforms, ie. WM and Android.

Any advise ?

Thanks.

nuubie:)
    14 Jul 2010

5. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

Welcome!