Soon to be Android User

Last Updated:

1. Geo McAndroid

Geo McAndroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks, my friend is a big fan of the Android OS and recommended these forums to me, so here I am.

I'm almost 40 years old, I've been in IT for over 10 years, and I love gadgets. I'm no expert on them, but I love to see each new device come out and try to top the previous one.

I'm actually switching from Verizon to Sprint for the HTC EVO 4G which I have on preorder at Best Buy - 5 days and counting! This will be my first smartphone, and I can't wait to see what all it can do.

It's a simple thing, but what I most look forward to is having my calendar and email readily available. I've become very busy professionally and it will really help me to organize my activities in one place.

Of course, I'm looking forward to trying out lots of other applications, voip chat, etc.

By now I've probably put everyone to sleep but I'm glad to be a member and look forward to digging around this forum further.

-Geoff

Advertisement
  2. Geo McAndroid

Replying to my own post - the number of new users in this forum over the past few days is staggering - is this typical or is this an 'EVO effect' with lots of folks who've preordered the Evo 4g?

3. JStu313

JStu313 Member

I'll speak for myself and say it's the EVO effect. Coming from WinMo, this will be my first android phone.

4. Geo McAndroid

Cool!

Do you have it on preorder?

5. JStu313

JStu313 Member

Unfortunately, no. I was going to pre-order from RS, but headed over the day they "sold-out", so instead I'll be calling around town (we have a bunch here in San Diego) on Friday morning or worst case, head over to Sprint. I've been holding on to my Touch Pro for what seems like forever, so I can't wait to get my hands on the EVO!

6. Geo McAndroid

If I'd walked into the Sprint Store first I might not have ordered the EVO (I preordered from best buy). I was in a Sprint Store to ask some questions about a Pre (I don't think my wife will like the Evo) and it took me 5 minutes to get any help with only one other customer in the store. Furthermore, the person helping me literally walked away in the middle of me talking to him (I'm not sure what he went to do) and didn't come back. I left the store.

I know sprint's service will be bad, but I'm going to try to live through it for what I hope will be a great phone and for the much lower prices they have. I just hope I don't regret the move.

7. Geo McAndroid

You know, you may find some competitive prices on Amazon.com too - they have great deals on cell phones if you don't mind waiting a little longer.