1. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

I just wonder how old lol
  3. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

Is a sprint galaxy s3 old lol. Because a gs3 on virgin would be epic and I might not leave them for something else. Was thinking metro pcs for s3 or tmobile prepaid 4g for s3 or note 2.
  4. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Well-Known Member

Yep I wonder what the "certain specifications" are that the phone must meet before it can be brought over to Virgin Mobile. I really hope that high end devices like the GSIII, LTEVO, and Optimus G can qualify.
  5. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

6. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Clean esn and don't owe sprint a penny I'm sure are definite requirements lol
  7. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Sure it is. In the US anyway.

It's mentioned specifically by name in the article as one of the networks it will be affecting as well.

Yeah, I would assume so.

Probably devices at least six months to a year old would be my guess on top of that.
  8. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Actually, the article only mentions Virgin Mobile as a Sprint MVNO. While Spint will allow their old phones to be used, Virgin also needs to allow it and, to this point, they haven't.

If Virgin does end up allowing it, I expect that they will require Sprint phones to be about a year old before being allowed on the network.
  9. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint, years ago this was not the case. Even after Sprint acquired Virgin Mobile they are are referred to as a MVNO in articles, but I do not know why.
  10. thebryceee

They're still considered a MNVO because they're still separate from Sprint, even though Sprint owns it.
  11. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

I doubt Sprint considers them a MNVO but I could be wrong. Either way they were referenced in the article but at the moment Virgin Mobile does not offer BYOD and made no hint they are going to anytime in the near future.
  12. SenorDonGato

SenorDonGato New Member

13. SenorDonGato

SenorDonGato New Member

Received a response from Virgin Mobile:

What do you think?
  14. thebryceee

They just weren't informed by Sprint yet
  15. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

They were not informed by Sprint? Sprint owns Virgin Mobile, I would have to assume they would be informed as soon if not before Sprint MVNOs if they were included.
  16. thebryceee

Maybe they were told not to say anything yet. Maybe they haven't finalized specifications of this program. Who knows. It's all speculation at this point. I should have said "maybe they weren't informed" instead of saying it like it was a fact. It's purely speculation.
  17. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

It's speculation if they are even included in the program. Just because the article included Virgin Mobile as a reference as a Sprint MVNO for some reason does not mean they are included in the program.
  18. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

It also doesn't mean that they are not included.

Speculation is fine either way until something definitive is out. :)
    thebryceee likes this.
  19. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Well-Known Member

20. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

My question is how would they allow other CDMA devices on their network? It's not as simple as a SIM card swap.
  21. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

If you look at the three listed phone, you will see that they are all 4G LTE. Sprint would see more profit giving LTE to their bigger prepaid boost and virgin mobile, maybe voyager too.
  22. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

As long as the device supports their bands AFAIK they just have to allow the device to communicate on their network, like MAC filtering on your home WiFi.
  23. kcladygemini

kcladygemini Member

I work for sprint, but have used VM service for years. I recently got a "new-to-me" Epic 4g and wanted to flash it over to VM. 3 different ppl i spoke with at virgin mobile when trying to activate the device told me that they no longer accept flashed phones to activate. Sooooo, now i'm confused about being to bring my sprint phone over to virgin mobile?!?!?!?!
  24. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Virgin does not allow non-Virgin phones on their network. While some people try to "trick" the system by swapping the phone's ESN with a Virgin phone, this is against Virgin TOS and possibly illegal.
  25. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

The while point of this thread is that they are changing this policy...