Sooo frustrated

Last Updated:

1. wallyy

wallyy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I've had the Hero for not even two weeks, and I'm already low on space. I don't think I've downloaded that many apps, but when I find a good game, it's usually 1 mb or more. This sucks because I start uninstalling other apps for space. Is there any way to set it so that the apps go on the SD card? I think I might've read that rooting will allow me to do that, BUT, like I said, I've only had it for almost two weeks, and I have no clue what rooting is, and if it has any disadvantages associated with it. It's my first Android phone.

OH also, my Youtube app just WON'T play any videos. It just doesn't want to. I've been trying since I got the phone, and it keeps telling me that the video cannot be played. It's kinda embarrassing when my brother's old Windows Mobile phone can do that, and mine can't.

/rant

Advertisement
  2. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I have not rooted yet, I keep kicking it around, but I think I will wait till the 2.1 update and then decide. that way I can move the apps to the card,

the youtube icon will not work you will have to goto youtube with the browser. after the last update the flash stopped working. that is to be fixed with next update too.

3. wallyy

[​IMG]

Thanks for your input :)

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yes rooting is the only way to move apps2sd... as far as waiting until 2.1 comes out before rooting.. there is a very real possibility that the 2.1 upgrade will close the loophole being used now to gain root access.. so if you even think you want to root.. do it before the 2.1 upgrade gets here.. the devs will have 2.1 ROMs available with hours (maybe a day) after Sprint releases the update.

5. wallyy

Do you think that they'll change it so that it installs apps on the sd with the update?

6. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

no.. google made it this way to prevent piracy of apps..

7. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

8. wallyy

It's kinda stupid though. To have apps on your SD, you have to root your phone. Who will pirate apps other than people who know how to root their Android?