sooo out of nowhere im getting great battery life!

Last Updated:

1. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

Took my phone off the charger right when it turned green. Did not get the instant drop! Stayed in the 90s for 2 hours. Been of the charger for 8 hours and im at 65 percent with regular usuage. Usually my phone would be in the red at 6 hours. Idk if this is permanent but i sure do hope so!! Ill check back later with final time

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Did you do any changes in your settings beforehand?

3. iamtybaby

Ummm i did download juice defender last night. Idk if that did it or not, but everything else been the same since say one. The usual no gps,4g etc

4. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

So you dowloaded an app that is supposed to improve battery life and out of nowhere you have better battery life?!?!?!:eek:

That's just crazy talk.:rolleyes:

6. iamtybaby

Lls..ive downloaded it some weeks ago and it did nothing..Thats why i say out of nowhere

7. iamtybaby

Well i downloaded it..unistalled it cus it didnt improve my battery...Then 3 weeks later i tried it again. So idk if its that or not

8. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member

It happened to me today too. I posted earlier about coincidentally taking my phone off the charger at 98% just before it was done and after 16hrs, my battery has gone down 16% from 98% at 8.30 am to 82% at 11:15 pm. i think it is due to the phone not going past a full battery charge, it is no coincidence.

9. senturus

senturus Active Member

CDMA phones werent supported on juice defender until they updated it... so thats why it works now.

10. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

This falls in line with what others speculated/reported that once the phone reaches full charge, the phone (and/or charger) does not allow a trickle charge, and stops charging. Consequently the phone may have actually been off charge for several hours prior to unplugging resulting in the dramatic drop displayed within the first few minutes.

This is not to say juice defender had nothing to do with it, but it is food for thought.

11. ellykay

ellykay Member

I got 12 hours of limited use the first few weeks, then it went down to 6 hours. After that, it got to 24 plus hours on one charge. Yesterday and today, I got only 4 hours, and I only checked it twice. I don't get it.

12. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

I've been getting the same results ever since the update and i don't do much to try and save the battery except keep bluetooth off when not using it. It was pretty bad before the update.

13. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

So, while we're on the topic: Juice Defender, is it worth it? Does it indeed save your battery?

14. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

After the last ota update my battery life was cut in half.suddenly yesterday I noticed a vast improvement. I am currently on 31 hours without a charge. I haven't removed or installed any apps and have been using my phone as I normally do. Talked for about 80 min, sent about 50 emails, 300 or so texts, web and navigation.

15. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

There is a free version, and I have found that it does infact increase battery life. Prior to getting JD I could get 25-28hrs max with my phone, now I can get 30-32. That's just with the free version set on easy.

But do remember, Juicedefender does NOT help you if the phone is running all day. This helps with idle and standby only as it really puts the phone into a sleep mode when you aren't using it. Your standby should be greatly increased.

At least these have been my results, and I've watched them like a hawk for 5 days straight. 3 without JD and 2 with.

16. musikat

musikat Well-Known Member

Can you use Juice Defender AND ATK or do they sort of cancel each other out?

17. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

wow, in the red after 6 hours sounds terrible. can't imagine

18. sdezrilov

sdezrilov Well-Known Member

I am running both Juice defender the free version and ATK with no problems other than you need to reconfigure JD if you turn yor phone off at night. Not sure if the paid version works the same way, I don't want to have to restart or configure JD every morning.

19. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

20. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

So that means you're going to exchange it again?