"Sorry can not attach this file to your message"Support

Last Updated:

1. RyanDMB99

RyanDMB99 New Member

Ok, this is my first post as an Android user. I'm an iphone convert. I have an s4 now and for the most part I'm enjoying it. However this ONE little thing is driving me up the wall!
    I can send camera photos no problem. I can send screen shots no problem. BUT whenever I try to attach an image saved from the internet I get this bloody message telling me I can't attach the image to my message. What gives? I have been googling this issue for days and can't quite find an answer.

Anybody please help???

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I believe that is a file size issue. I've seen it on my Note 2, but not always.. I've never taken the trouble to investigate why, as my habit has been to just put the pic on my PC then side-load it to my device after a bit of tweaking in Gimp. Then I send it off via email or text.
  3. RyanDMB99

RyanDMB99 New Member

What is GIMP exactly?
  4. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Ehm... GNU Image Manipulation Program aka Photoshop alternative...
  5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

6. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

It could be, that the image itself has a problem. There are many ways to produce JPG/GIF, and while the browser has no problem to display them, being very tolerant, your device could be more picky when comes to appropriate and correct file format.

Just now I tried multiple times downloading photos using chrome and I was able to share all of them.
    If the image is good, it could be, as said earlier, a file size issue.
    It would be helpful if you could tell us more about it. Format, size etc..

Did you try sharing it via whatsapp?

Regardless, there are many ways to share. You could upload it to Dropbox and share the link to it, you could mail it directly from gallery (gmail has 30mb attachment limit).

And, how did you go about attaching it in the first place? Did you go to MY FILES - All Files - Device Storage - Download, find the image and long press till you get a pop up menu, and chose "Share Via" ?

More info would be helpful. Personally I have no problem sharing any content, across any media. If there is a problem, it's usually the content itself.