sorry for asking but... what's the lag fix

Last Updated:

1. Lagunar

Lagunar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After anything, i should tell you that i DID search in the forum about the lag fix

after all that search, i know HOW to fix it.... but i don't WHAT i am fixing hahahaha

so.... anyone could tell me WHAT is the lag fix?? =) =)

sorry if this is a duplicated post, but i searched first!!!!

thanks

Advertisement
  2. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

there's a variety of "lag fixes" out there, designed to speed up the phone from perceived laginess. Some seem to do nothing more than inflate test score numbers (like Quadrant).

3. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member

The "lag" my not be really noticeable most of the time. Basically, operations on your phone hang/freeze for a moment while executing. It can be apparent when doing something like switching screens, opening/closing apps, using the soft buttons at the bottom of the phone. Sometimes, apps don't work very well because of the lag. A good example of this is the facbook app. For me, before the lag-fix, it took a LONG time to populate photos in facebook. After the lag fix, it's pretty close to instant.

To my understanding:
    The lag is due to the phone using Samsungs own file-system (rfs). The lag fixes create a (faster) ext2/4 partition. The system files are then moved to this partition which then increases the phones read/write speed. I've used the one-click lag-fix and the Voodoo lagfix. Both are great but to me, the one-click lag-fix seems faster.

Like I said, you may not really even notice the lag right now. But, once you've used the phone with a lag-fix applied and go back to the stock phone, you will definitely notice the lag.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Samsung used a slow, inefficient filesystem for the internal data. People found by replacing the filesystem with another they can get better performance.

However such changes are pretty low-level hacking and all the various methods come with some risks and side-effects.

5. Lagunar

Lagunar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, as far as i could read, i have voodoo because it's the default on Cognition =)

thank you guys!!!

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

7. Prim8

Prim8 Well-Known Member

If you're using one of the 2.1 Cognitions then yes it's Voodoo that you're using.
    It seemed to work very well for me and I definitely liked it better than OCLF.