Sorry for the confusion

Last Updated:

1. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The LauncherPro themes I posted last night were not a "cracked" version of LauncherPro Plus. I don't know the first thing about cracking an .apk nor would I want to take away from the great work that Fede (LP dev) has done. The modifications were done directly to the .apk that you can download for free from launcherpro.com or, for that matter, pull from your phone after you downloaded from the market. As all of you know that is the free version. If you have experience with LP+ you know that what you need to use it is an unlock code, which was not included in my .apk. If you downloaded it try using the widgets, you will see that they wont work! Outside of that the two versions are identical and if you edit the free version it effects the paid version, but will not be known unless you use YOUR unlock code. That is why I suggested to backup your settings not mine (this includes your unlock code). I read the TOS when I signed up for this site and modifications the LauncherPro are fine with Fede. If you look at other sites you will see people that have their LP+ themes for download and are even taking donations for them, something I never planned on doing.

Customizing Widgets Allowed?
    Sent: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm
    by DtatchD

Sorry I know your busy but I was recently sanctioned on a forum for posting custom themes for LauncherPro. I just want some clarification on what is and isn't allowed. All I did was modify some .png files in the .apk listed on this site. I did not include an unlock code nor did I modify the application in a way that would make the plus version free. The themes do effect the plus widgets but only for those that unlock with their own unlock code. If this is something that is not allowed then I will stop sharing these with others. Thanks for your time

Re: Customizing Widgets Allowed?
    Sent: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:43 pm
    by Fede

What you're describing is allowed and I told the moderator of that forum that I was ok with it as long as the app wasn't cracked, and that there's a clear disclaimer letting downloaders know that these versions cannot be updated through the market when a new version is out. Otherwise I get lots of people coming here complaining that they get "Package not signed correctly" errors.

If you happened to download the file I will not be supporting them through this site, you are free to PM and I will send you an updated link to the download or if you would prefer to not have the theme anymore uninstall it with astro (again a backup of settings would be advised) and download the market version which again the widgets will not work unless you enter your unlock code or just restore your settings within LauncherPro.

Check out Benny879's LP themes at [THEME PACK] Get your theme on! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum he does really good work and was also constantly updates with the most recent version.

Advertisement