• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sorry for the noob question

andymarriner

Apr 3, 2011
sorry i am probs asking a question that same old question that has been asked time and time again but i could not find any previous examplse to read so here it is

I am the very definition of noob i found these forums yesterday but i have not stopped reading since then i have rooted cleaned and optomised my phone and i am loving it! so should i flash too?

I have x10i on vodafone and it is fully updated i am not imdeatly worried about getting ginger bread but it does look nice are there any other aditional benafits to flashing and other then the farily obviouse warenty questions could i damage my phone i havnt got titanium or xrecovery looked at them and it scaryed me silly dont know any thing about boot processes ect so aditionaly is it safe to flash with out using xrecover or titanium first

also one more questions i keep seeing some thing called seus in lots of threads but cant find out what that means or is if any one could tell me would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading sorry for the noob and i will be seeing lots more of you all fully addicted to this stuf now!!

ive had my x10 since last july and was very wary about doing anything to it. since then ive debranded and rooted my phone to get 2.1 sooner (last nov) and im on my 2nd custom rom. if you dont follow the guides properly then there is a chance you could brick your phone but i havnt done that yet and i was a complete noob before i started lol. as long as you back up your stuff then you can restore if you flash another rom. i used titanium to get rid of the sony crap that was on the phone.

S - sony
E - ericsson
U - update
S - service

as long as you read up and ask any questions that you have ( people will help ) then you shouldnt have any problems

ric

Upvote 0
i think i am going to flash it to debrand and remove the vodefone stuff just one last check though it wont affect my ability to conect to vodefone 3g and phone ect?

also going to use titanium do i just use the basic titanium from the app market or should i get the titanium root pro?

one last thing i think i will just start with the basic flash debranded same as my current update but later i would like to change to ginger bread i read all the ginger bread threeds but cant find the link for the file could some one please link it for me

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help ric i do have just one last question and we can close this one down :)
I got the titainium root and i was looking through all the features great program but what should i back up? if i back every thing up surly when i flash my phone and later restor the programs i will get all the junk and things i flashed it to get rid of any advice is there a list of bare bones programs that the phone needs to work there are hundreds of "andriod.work.phone" things like this no idea what they do do i need to back them up or will they all be on the new flash?

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help ric i do have just one last question and we can close this one down :)
I got the titainium root and i was looking through all the features great program but what should i back up? if i back every thing up surly when i flash my phone and later restor the programs i will get all the junk and things i flashed it to get rid of any advice is there a list of bare bones programs that the phone needs to work there are hundreds of "andriod.work.phone" things like this no idea what they do do i need to back them up or will they all be on the new flash?

First, do a sync online. Syncronize your contacts and all that.

Here is the most helpful page:

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html

Start at the third post.

I have flashed using 3 different flashing programs and using 3 different images and I have done things in the wrong order and things didn't work exactly like the documentation said it would, but nothing ever went so wrong I couldn't start again.

Basically, if it doesn't work once, try it again....then if it still doesn't work, re-read the instructions and take a look at Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

I thought I have broken my phone about 5-6 times now trying to update it, but within minutes after trying again or trying something else, and everything works.

Don't be scared, you will love it once you have altered your phone. I suggest using one of those images/mods first and get it going, then once you do that...then maybe mess around with messing around with removing stock apps and replacing stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones