1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry In Advance, complete newbie to Android

Last Updated:

1. weeble

weeble Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I've just gone from iphone to Dell Streak and I am interested in a few apps on the app page but how do I download them? Do I do it direct from phone or can I download to pc? (there is no download button on the apps)
    Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

What do you mean the apps page? Are you referring to the Market? There should be Market icon somewhere...usually on one of the home screens, if not you should see it in the app drawer. From within the Market is where you download apps.

You can also use Appbrain, which I find I use more than the Market. You can go there on your home computer and look around or get the app for Appbrain.

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games

http://www.appbrain.com/app/appbrain-app-market/com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps

3. weeble

Thanks for your reply.....I'm actually referring to the Apps section of phandroid web site.

4. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

If your browsing the apps on your PC: Download "Barcode Scanner" from the Market on your phone, then use that app to scan the QR codes on Phandroid. After scanning, Barcode Scanner will then give the option to "open link in browser," select that and it will direct you to the Market to download whatever apps code you just scanned.

If your browsing on your phone: Just click the QR code as if it was a link and it should direct you to the app on the Market.

weeble likes this.
  5. weeble

Thanks Hood420 will give it a go