Sorry, need a tiny bit more help :)

Last Updated:

1. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so here's another problem...I'm sorry, I'm overtaking this whole section, lol. If I had the option to change my topic titles, i'd just keep it all in one thread, but I tried and it won't work.

I tried out a theme on my phone, didn't like it. I took it off (I cleared the dalvik cahe or whatever it's called and reverted to the stock theme) and then I installed this Stock theme w/Battery as %.

I also went into the kitchen and fixed my ROM, because I had updated to the little kernel 1.5 but tried out a theme from the kitchen, didn't like it.

This time, I made it exactly the same but without the theme.

Everything looks good, love the battery change, and the phone is smooth and fast running. BUT the generic e-mail client didn't get uninstalled, I know I selected it because I still have the page open with the settings I used in the kitchen. AND there's this news and weather app...

Could it have been from the theme? I cleared everything... I've never seen this app before. It doesn't show up in my apps when I go into manage applications.

It's ticking me off, hoe do I get it off my phone, along with the generic email app? I downloaded root explorer but it's hard to find things, lol.

ETA: I'm trying a restore right now...we shall see if it helps? All I wanted to do was change the darn kernel, lol.

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

3. K-Rizzle

I don't know why the ROM didn't uninstall it though... I selected it in the kitchen. And Where did this news and weather app come from? lol!

4. dntesinfrno

Not sure, it is possible that the ROM you installed included those apps but installed them to /data instead of the default /system/app/ (for the email app atleast) location. This would explain why the kitchen .zip didnt remove it (as far it knows if its not in /system/app its already gone).

5. K-Rizzle

I think I want to try. I'm not going to use a theme again...

How exactly do I flash back to stock? Can I use the 'wipe/factory reset' selection in recovery?

6. dntesinfrno

The easiest way is to flash this package (stocke de03 plus reocvery 3.0.8) which saves you having to flash an extra time to get the recovery. I prefer to do it the long however (install the official 2.1 update from samsung and then flash recovery 3.1.1 manually). This link is for the DE03 + reocvery 3.0.8.
    DE03 + recovery 3.0.8

K-Rizzle likes this.
  7. K-Rizzle

So after this is done, I just start all over like I did before, I have to flash it again with the downloads from that video?

8. dntesinfrno

Essentially your just doing the video all over again. Flash the DE03 plus joey's recovery you downloaded for the video, then i would go ahead and install recovery 3.1.1. Then you can install your .zip(s). Reboot and restore /data.

9. K-Rizzle

You need to write rooting for dummies! lol!

10. K-Rizzle

Ok, I'm an idiot, seriously. I thought that battery theme just changed the battery and LEFT the stock theme on the phone alone, turns out it reverts everything to stock theme, including all the apps I didn't want on there. I stupidly just re-installed the damn thing, how do I get it off of my phone?

*sigh* :(

11. dntesinfrno

The only way i know to remove a theme is to install another one over top of it. To get back to default you can choose the DE03 Theme Template from the kitchen.

12. dntesinfrno

If i were in your situation i would take this time to experiment with other themes and what not that you want to try and once you get an idea of what you like and want on your phone flash it back to stock and just install the stuff you decided on. Might as well use this opportunity to try a few things while its already screwed up ;).

13. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

ok are you just looking to remove the apps?

14. K-Rizzle

Whew, luckily I had a ROM on my phone from before that was everything I wanted, with the updated kernel, I just re-installed it over that one and it got rid of that battery theme. I wish I'd realized about the darn theme before I just re-flashed my phone!!! lol!

Not messing with the darn themes anymore, I LOVED having my current battery replaced vs. having a separate battery app in my status bar, I wish there was some kind of app that did that and that alone.

Thank you everyone! :)

15. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

So all you want is the battery to show the percentage? Is that it? What rom and kernel are you running?

16. momentandroid

momentandroid Well-Known Member

u can go into the theme on ur computer and remove apps u dont want. just click on the .zip and go to system then app. remove any app u dont want.

17. K-Rizzle

Thanks, I figured this out by reading the thread over at SDX, but forgot to update in here. I did it and love it. Works beautifully! :)