• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Sorry, player does not support this type of audio file" error

monkey360

Lurker
Apr 5, 2011
I have this issue with my Epic 4g for the past few weeks. Although I may not get that error message....ringtones, recorded video, youtube video, internet radio are also affected when this happens. Everything I've tried so far hasn't fixed it. That includes alternate music players, SD card format, and a factory reset . Today I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer to see if a bug in it could be making it happen. I've had to restart up to 3 times in a day for it to be a useful phone.

experiencing the same issue with Winamp (or any other music player) and I think my music files are in WMA format. a reboot usually fixes the issue for maybe a day (but I only use the music portion during the morning commute). streaming seems to be unaffected.

firmware 2.1-update1
kernel version 2.6.29
build ECLAIR.UCJH7

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones