• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sorry: The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly.

sixty4

Aug 19, 2010
I am a 2 day old Android user coming from Windows Mobile (since the PPC-6600), I am getting the following message when I receive a txt message using of the out of box messaging application. I am using a brand new Sprint EPIC 4G.

The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I did some google searching and the best I could find was clearing the cache and program data from the mail applicatoin. It isn't working either, none of the fixes apply.

I also tried installing "Handcent" and it does not appear to be working either. I am not showing any messages in any programs and can only tell I have a txt message if I review the "notifications" from here I can send a response but thats it.

I really am stuck with this?

Thanks.

While I haven't experienced this on my Epic I have experienced a forced close issue on an android device....What I would suggest right now since it's fairly new and you probably haven't altered the phone too much yet besides contacts would be to go to your settings menu and select privacy and do a "factory data wipe"...this is one step before doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work then I would take it back and exchange it for any Epic. Another thing that might help if you haven't done so yet is to do a battery pull for about 60 seconds...it might work but it's another troubleshooting method nevertheless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones