1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

"Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedlGeneral

1. JonathanMcfl

JonathanMcfl New Member

I have a samsung galaxy mini which, after downloading the Android "WhatsApp" has stopped working and comes up with the message
    "Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
    "Force close"
    I have 'forced close' many times. Switched the phone off and back on many times and taken the battery out and put it back in a few times - i am at the end of my tether, bringing it back to the retailer isn't an option, for a couple reasons, pleas, anybody help me, im lost without my phone.
    :(

Advertisement
  2. xSuhaasx

xSuhaasx Member

Uninstall It and Reinstall it o_O and Clear the Cache
  3. dhruvbatra205

dhruvbatra205 Well-Known Member

try different launchers
    try go launcher.
    but i guess the error msg will still keep popping up. so you can try reflashing your firmware.
    was it so ever since you bought the phone or you upgraded it?
  4. CSN

CSN New Member

navnil and shaneo568 like this.
  5. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

nursiamsyah likes this.
  6. JayDevil

JayDevil Member

I have the same problem, but its after that i install AppBrain, i had full shortcuts and then AppBrain tells me if I want a shortcut on my homepage, so i clicked on Continue and then it started to vibrates and pop-up. The same problem "Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
    zhenye1998 likes this.
  7. JayDevil

JayDevil Member

I also uninstalled it, By holding the Home key and Task Manager, Package and then uninstalled. Doesn't work.
    zhenye1998 likes this.
  8. JayDevil

JayDevil Member

I resolved this problem, with :
    1. Turn off the phone
    2. Press and hold Home Button ( middle ) + power on for at least 10 seconds
    3. Android System Recovery Mode Appear
    4. There are 4 options

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

5. Move the options to " Wipe data / factory reset " using volume down ( - ) button and menu button to confirm, because the touchscreen doesn't work in reovery mode (Use the home to choose Yes)
    6. After the process done, phone will reboot. (It if does not, Choose "reboot system now")

9. nukuk0

nukuk0 New Member

THANK you so much//this worked for me perfectly.
    bdperen likes this.
  10. amar3pathi

amar3pathi New Member

after applying these steps
    1. Turn off the phone
    2. Press and hold Home Button ( middle ) + power on for at least 10 seconds

i get on screen RAMDUMP Mode(ARM9 mode) and now phone keys are not working no power key and no menu key
  11. mspcbe

mspcbe New Member

Thanks buddy! It worked like a magic! Thanks once again
    zzullqm likes this.
  12. annaeiram

annaeiram New Member

its not working !!!!
  13. S5570Owner

S5570Owner New Member

Can you please make a tutorial in YouTube? I can't get it... And yeah, I have this problem too.. I am trying to remove one of the menu page(whatever you call that) then suddenly that note appears.. I turned off my phone, take off the battery and Sim card, but still it doesn't work..
    cajunmami3 and anishetty like this.
  14. anishetty

anishetty New Member

Thanks Buddy..........i am very thankful to you.

I have installed one bloody application finger print scanner due to this, i had faced this problem.

Dear All, I want to suggest that plz do not install this application......it is creating hell

Thanks
  15. jeetubaba777

jeetubaba777 New Member

Thanks its working good...........
  16. thessjavier26

thessjavier26 New Member

please help me how it works again

17. jonvank

jonvank New Member

Go settings>applications>manage apps>select the "All" tab> go to twlauncher and force stop/clear cache

This worked for me and I haven't had that error come back in months now. Also saves the hassle of flashing.
  18. shaneo568

shaneo568 New Member

19. anice

anice New Member

I just having the same probs.but still can access internet.can receive sms,but cant reply.can make a call too.
    but i'm still dont know how to solve the problem.
    when trying to Press and hold Home Button ( middle ) + power on for at least 10 seconds..it doesnt appear this menu..how??

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
  20. santoshng

santoshng New Member

I too had same problem today but solved the problem by without wiping data/factory otherwise all your applications/data will be lost by following steps
    Try to launch market application in phone and install "Go launcher" application from market and open the Go launcher then go to settings ->Applications->Manage Applications then select "Samsung Home" application and clear data

Alternatively if you able to open settings then you can performing above steps will resolve your issues
    adqc, zhenye1998 and Tundroid like this.
  21. Sinja2060

Sinja2060 New Member

It worked perfectly for me too :) :) :)
    Many thanks
  22. Hollycolliep

Hollycolliep New Member

If I do the Go Launcher will it delete any of my information? Why are we getting this error?
  23. ah99

ah99 New Member

Hi,

I just encountered this error a few minutes ago, did some search and then went another but home screen related route. I didn't have to do a factory reset nor push install another app. I simply had to do the following:

1. Went to Settings -> Application settings -> Manage applications
    2. Went to All tab
    3. Opened Samsung Home
    4. Cleared the data (this will reset your home screen back to its original settings)
    5. Force stop the app (since it is in limbo)
    6. Reset the phone

In my case, I think what happened was that I got tired of using the Facebook app I just installed minutes earlier so I tried to uninstall it but during the clicking of the negative button to uninstall the app, I think it tried to also add it in the Home screen. I actually got a hanging message that there was no more space for the icon which lost me because I was trying to uninstall it. Then I ended up getting this Home screen error.

Hope this helps others as well.

Looking forward to setting up a "new home" later...
  24. samsunggirl92

samsunggirl92 New Member

Thanks veryy muchhh!!! its work ;)
  25. gerard12241984

gerard12241984 New Member

thank u very much ita work..but my all aplication..dwonloading is lost=c