• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedl

Hi... Thanks for your help.

I did what you said:

1. Went to Settings -> Application settings -> Manage applications
2. Went to All tab

But can't find "Samsung Home".

:thinking:

Hi,

I just encountered this error a few minutes ago, did some search and then went another but home screen related route. I didn't have to do a factory reset nor push install another app. I simply had to do the following:

1. Went to Settings -> Application settings -> Manage applications
2. Went to All tab
3. Opened Samsung Home
4. Cleared the data (this will reset your home screen back to its original settings)
5. Force stop the app (since it is in limbo)
6. Reset the phone

In my case, I think what happened was that I got tired of using the Facebook app I just installed minutes earlier so I tried to uninstall it but during the clicking of the negative button to uninstall the app, I think it tried to also add it in the Home screen. I actually got a hanging message that there was no more space for the icon which lost me because I was trying to uninstall it. Then I ended up getting this Home screen error.

Hope this helps others as well.

Looking forward to setting up a "new home" later...

Upvote 0
I have a samsung galaxy mini which, after downloading the Android "WhatsApp" has stopped working and comes up with the message
"Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
"Force close"
I have 'forced close' many times. Switched the phone off and back on many times and taken the battery out and put it back in a few times - i am at the end of my tether, bringing it back to the retailer isn't an option, for a couple reasons, pleas, anybody help me, im lost without my phone.
:(

samsung home a.k.a. twlauncher error/failed

if possible to access setting, go to settings/application/manage app/"all" tab/scroll down until u found Samsung Home open it, first, force stop then clear cache and data but if u cannot access the setting and don't want to reset your phone to factory settings (it will delete all of your data) try to find wi-fi that your phone can access and a computer that have internet. Now, using computer go to android market and log in your acct. then find application called
" go launcher ex " click on that app and install it (don't worry, its free app) then, with your malfunctioning phone but wi-fi connected, it will download the app and install itself. Now the tricky part, once installed a pop-up will ask you if you want to switch either go launcher or samsung home and below a check-box of the default you want to use, (REMEMBER THAT DO NOT CLICK ON THAT CHECKBOX) now, choose go launcher ex as your new home (JUST LEAVE THE BOX BELOW UNCHECKED) you can now operate your phone (but not fixed yet) you can now access the setting, just follow the procedure i mention above but don't exit on that page,
now that we are almost done with the fix, scroll down you will see clear default button and hit that. Restart your phone then a pop-up will launch again now you can choose what fits for you "go launcher ex" or the classic "samsung home" but after you choose, check that checkbox for your default home if you choose samsung home, you can now uninstall go launcher ex.

Here is my advise:
Try to install application called Smart Task Switcher or Smart Taskbar and pin to your task bar, with that application slide down your tastbar and you can access the phone setting instatly even if twlaucher error happens again, and there is no need to find wi-fi hot-spot, install go laucher ex again, just go to setting and fix it and dont forget to reboot when you're done.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have a samsung galaxy mini which, after downloading the Android "WhatsApp" has stopped working and comes up with the message
"Sorry The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
"Force close"
I have 'forced close' many times. Switched the phone off and back on many times and taken the battery out and put it back in a few times - i am at the end of my tether, bringing it back to the retailer isn't an option, for a couple reasons, pleas, anybody help me, im lost without my phone.

Upvote 0
"Force close"

Upvote 0
I too had same problem today but solved the problem by without wiping data/factory otherwise all your applications/data will be lost by following steps
Try to launch market application in phone and install "Go launcher" application from market and open the Go launcher then go to settings ->Applications->Manage Applications then select "Samsung Home" application and clear data

Alternatively if you able to open settings then you can performing above steps will resolve your issues

Thanks alot guy, it just worked amazingly on my galaxy tab 7!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
:) worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot.
I too had same problem today but solved the problem by without wiping data/factory otherwise all your applications/data will be lost by following steps
Try to launch market application in phone and install "Go launcher" application from market and open the Go launcher then go to settings ->Applications->Manage Applications then select "Samsung Home" application and clear data

Alternatively if you able to open settings then you can performing above steps will resolve your issues

Upvote 0
Hello jay,
Hello, i tried to do it by switching my phone off and then holding the home key & power for 10 sec but it doesn't got to the recovery mode but it restarts the phone. I am having Galaxy POP CDMA. Please help me out. Thanks

I resolved this problem, with :
1. Turn off the phone
2. Press and hold Home Button ( middle ) + power on for at least 10 seconds
3. Android System Recovery Mode Appear
4. There are 4 options

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

5. Move the options to " Wipe data / factory reset " using volume down ( - ) button and menu button to confirm, because the touchscreen doesn't work in reovery mode (Use the home to choose Yes)
6. After the process done, phone will reboot. (It if does not, Choose "reboot system now")

Upvote 0
I resolved this problem, with :
1. Turn off the phone
4. There are 4 options

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

5. Move the options to " Wipe data / factory reset " using volume down ( - ) button and menu button to confirm, because the touchscreen doesn't work in reovery mode (Use the home to choose Yes)
6. After the process done, phone will reboot. (It if does not, Choose "reboot system now")

I just registered to say thank you to all of you and especially this message. It saved me big. Thank you!

PS. If like me you couldn't turn off the phone without removing the battery. After you've started it up again, straight away press and hold the volume up, home and on keys. That puts you into the menu too

Anyhow, big big thanks

Upvote 0
SOLUTION

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All(tab) > Samsung Home (or as it is on My Galaxy S2, TWLauncher).
Hit the 'Clear Data' button.
That will force close the app.

I did a reboot after this so everything would stick and for my own sanity check.

That worked a treat for me.

I worked like a charm for me got it up and running grate then one week later the same thing happened again I now have add LauncherPro to my GS2 so when it crashes it gives me the option to use LauncherPro to sort out the problem again. But does anyone know why this is happening? Apps conflict or what! Please let us know

Upvote 0
Thanks JayDevil, worked a charm for me on my galaxy Ace.

It does wipe all your data of course, but as long as you have your contacts saved in the cloud (googlemail, etc, etc) all you have to do is sync your phone once its back up and running then start downloading the apps you would normally use.

The positive side of this for me was that I only had to download a handful of apps which I use almost daily and not worry about all the dross I had on my phone previous to the twlauncher fault, and the phone appears to be working more quicker :)

Well chuffed!

Upvote 0
i tried the whole

1. Turn off the phone
4. There are 4 options

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

but i cant get it i have a samsung galaxy s captivate and i dont have the middle button so i tried holding down the little home logo and its not working at all, i need someone to help me asap. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones