sorry, the player does not support this type of audio fileSupport

Last Updated:

1. brettpim

brettpim Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting the following error when I try to play some song using the standard "Music" App:

"sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file"

So far I have only had this happen on .ogg files. I can play some .ogg files with no problem but other will not play. Often there is one I can play and one I can't from the same album which I ripped from my CD in the same ripping session so the encoding parameters should be the same. Another weird thing is that I sometime can succeed in playing a song by finding it in OI File Manager and selecting it there. OI File Manager opens in in the "Music" App and it plays not problem, but I cannot open it from within "Music" App!

Advertisement
  2. hef

hef Well-Known Member

stop using the motorola music app. its balls anyway.
    use mortplayer. its free. its better.

3. brettpim

I have tried the following music players:

3 (cube)
    Astroplayer
    Meridian
    MixZing
    MortPlayer
    Museek
    Zimly

They all have the same success/problems with the .ogg files in question

4. floatingpoint

floatingpoint Member

if it's playing some .ogg files, and not others, and the same problems are occurring across different media players, then perhaps those .ogg files are corrupted. do they work on your computer?

5. brettpim

When I mount my Phone's SDcard on my computer I can play all the songs with

play (command line)
    audacity
    rhythmbox
    xine

but not mplayer. With mplayer I get:

LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed

mplayer also has difficulty with some of the files that my phone was initially reluctant to play but I got to work through the file-browser. I also checked that mplayer can play some of the .ogg files that my phone also has no problem playing. So I think we are beginning to find the explanation.

6. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member

This happens to me with MP3s sometimes, just good old fashioned VBR LAME MP3s. After a phone reboot everything is fine. I use WMP to sync, and it seems to happen most with recently synced files, but every now and then my entire collection goes bad, but a reboot fixes it. Any ideas. This is the simplest way I have for syncing and I don't really want to change it, but if its WMP I will. More info, I have WMP set to not change any of my files so it is not changing them in any way or re-encoding them, just transfer.