Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file

1. raident30

raident30 New Member

hi guys, im new here. i've searched the forums and haven't found any answers.

why am i always getting this message when playing music on my alcatel glory x 918n (android 2.3).. after reboot it'll go away but after sometime it'll return. i've search google and i did not find any solution on this problem... guys i really need help, this is getting very annoying...

Advertisement
    :
  2. raident30

raident30 New Member

bump! guys anyone?
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Could be a buggy player, try Meridian, it's free and plays most anything.
  4. raident30

raident30 New Member

im using the default player of the phone. alright gotta try that!
  5. Angus19

Angus19 Active Member

What type of music files are you trying to play? Just mp3's?
  6. raident30

raident30 New Member

yes, just mp3. i've tried resetting it to factory setting it happened again, randomly.
  7. malcolmnewton

malcolmnewton New Member

use the 'remote wav' app works fine.
  8. rm3482

rm3482 Member

I use mixzing and have had this happen before. I switched the players memory over to internal memory and then back over and restarted the device and it seemed to fix it. So basically unmounted SD card and remounted. Don't know if it helps.
  9. kpoplover

kpoplover New Member

"Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file"

help me plz!!!
    whenever i play music it is always says
    "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file".. i install different music player but its always like that... all my music is mp3.. by the way my phone is samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830.. it is upgraded it is 4.1.2
  10. chrisjohn38

chrisjohn38 New Member

I have the same problem - if there is a solution can someone please post a link to it
  11. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Music playback issues can often be caused by a duff or fake SD card, especially if you've tried various media players. Worth trying a different known good SD to make sure. Typical symptoms of a bad or phoney SD are, you'll see a list of songs, but they just won't play or give "file type not supported", etc.
  12. seanythedream

seanythedream New Member

I've been having the same troubles. Look at your audio file details- sometimes my downloads screw up, and instead of downloading the whole file, it downloads 2.88kb of it. This returns an error because the content that was asked for was not found. Not sure why it blames it on file format, though. Also, this only seems to affect certain downloads. Let me know if there's any solution, or if your files are the same way.

EDIT: sorry, didn't realise I bumped a year old thread.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It's all good compadre - welcome to the forums! :)