"Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item"

Last Updated:

1. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was looking to install TuneIn Radio from the market which is 1.93MB and I get this message, almost with anything new I try to get from the market. If I go to install the actual apk from elsewhere it works out though.

Phone states Available Space: 415MB

I even tried deleting a few apps I haven't used thinking it may help but no dice.

Rooted..
    2.2 OTA
    2.15 Radio
    2.6.32 HTC Kernel

This ever happen to anyone else?

(Not the same as the phone memory low error, I've gotten that once before also but not since root)

Advertisement
  2. SDotNY

Just an update, if anyone else experiences this problem it seems taking out the memory card solves the problem. Maybe the market app was looking to read the card as opposed to the phones memory?

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Its because your memory card is full. Its the market/apps2sd seeing your card being full. Delete some stuff from the sdcard and the message will stop.

SDotNY likes this.
  4. SDotNY

Gotcha! Thanks big guy!

5. Amed

Amed New Member

i've already clear some of my SD Card but still cannot install/update the game/software from market.... need help..

6. cassidydehn

cassidydehn New Member

I'm also having this problem. My phone shut off one day, and when I turned it back on, what do you know? All of my apps were gone...I took the memory card out, restarted my phone, erased my memory card. Everything. However, now that my memory card is full, when I try to download an app, it still says, "sorry not enough space to install this item." WTH??

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

you may have to reformat your SD card. Try installing apps without the SD card in. That will let you know for sure if its the SD card or internal memory .