1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Sorry, this video cannot be played

1. Potplant

Potplant Member

I recently purchased a htc desire s and have been quite happy with it. I recently bought a sandisk 32gb micro-sd card to store all my media from iTunes. All my music transferred fine but when I try to play my movies (in mp4 format) an error message appears saying 'Sorry, this video cannot be played'. I have tried many different players and the same always happens. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I checked on play store and flash player has not got any available updates.
    :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Well, it could be that the file format isn't supported, or that there is DRM on the video. Does it have any DRM?
  3. Potplant

Potplant Member

I'm not sure, I just bought them straight off the store (episodes of inbetweeners and three movies). Do all iTunes movies have DRM?...and I assume there is no way to get rid of it?
  4. IOWA

If you got it from iTunes, it probably has DRM. Getting rid of DRM is tricky, and it depends on the arrangements you used to acquire the media. This is why I don't purchase from iTunes.
    Potplant likes this.
  5. Potplant

Potplant Member

Ok, thanks for the help :) recommend any other stores for an android device? (play store doesn't seem to have many videos)
  6. IOWA

I would just suggest purchasing the dvd and ripping it, I don't know of any(legal) non drm download sites sadly
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You can buy movies from RealPlayer, and Real Player has an Android app. Haven't tried them though.
    IOWA and Potplant like this.
  8. Potplant

Potplant Member

Ok, thanks for all the help:)
  9. ddietzman

ddietzman New Member

I just downloaded some movies from my flixster account on my DROID RAZR and when I go to play them it says sorry video cannot be played so how can I get those downloads to play