Sorry to repeat a OTA ?Support

Last Updated:

1. DroidThunder

DroidThunder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So here's my problem I keep trying to do the OTA update but I keep getting the same mesg communication to the server failed try back 24hrs,I did the manual date change trick twice and that did not work now it says 71hrs before I try again Thank You (P.S Samsung told me to do the date change trick still not working)

Advertisement
  2. LMaxwell

LMaxwell Well-Known Member

Forget OTA and update through Kies. Kies Mini can be downloaded here.

DroidThunder likes this.
  3. MechArm1

MechArm1 Member

I get the same thing after doing the last update to JH7. . .(I got the JH7 OTA) now every time I check for an update I get the same thing you do. "unable to connect to AT&T server" or some thing close to that. . .

Ive called AT&T, they pretty much know nothing. One guy said he reset the registration on my sim card, checked my IEMI number, blah blah blah. he said "try again in 24 hours, I'm positive that will fix it". . .. if not then its a Samsung problem not ours

No luck. Its not a huge deal at the moment, but when I see that 2.2 is out, I'll feel like I'm being robbed until I can get it fixed. .

I dont really want to do a complete restore on the phone, because I feel like it took me a month to get it just the way I like it. .And I dont even know if that will get it back to being able to get updates. . . .

Thanks Maxwell. . .saw your post after I replied to the OP . . . .Ill keep that download and see if I can get it figured out for future updates.

4. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

After I updated to JH7 my phone easily contacted the update server from AT&T. I tried a few days ago and it gave me the unable to connect to server error. I'm thinking perhaps they shut it down temporarily. However, if you are worried about not getting future updates you can take heart in the fact that most likely they will be released via samsung kies. JH7 was offered through kies as well as FOTA. I would definitely not worry about not getting updates. Unless you have a mac...

5. jburbrink

jburbrink Member

I had Ryan Za OCLF, root, and I removed bloatware. Couldn't get update anyway or how. Finally had to Odin back to stock and then I was able to get update through Kies w/o a problem. Now I am not going to mess with phone until official updates come out b/c it was a PITA.

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Not only was this a known issue, but an expected one and predicted long before the first OTA update came out. Unfortunately it required a hard lesson for the naysayers to finally listen to the warnings.

7. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

8. DroidThunder

So I downloaded kies mini and I tried to update the phone and I received this error mesg after about 25% of it downloaded, Failed to complete the mobile phone upgrade normally then it gave me instruction to do emergency recover but I was able to take the battery out and do a reboot and it seems to be working ok now but did not update

9. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Did you ignore post 7 or are you simply not rooted?

10. DroidThunder

I'm 100% stock not rooted

11. gary1949

gary1949 Well-Known Member

I'm also 100% stock and not rooted with the same problem - unable to communicate with the AT&T servers after the JH7 update.

So does anyone have a fix for us "racing in the stock class"? :)

12. DroidThunder

So I give up on my Captivate trying to do the OTA it keeps saying it failed wait 24hrs before I try Again and the mini Kies update goes to 25% to 30% and it still fails also,Still unable to do the update so I will just leave it alone and just use it as is O WELL