Sort (alphabetize) the applicationsSupport

Last Updated: 2012-12-26 08:22:04
  1. lkdavis

lkdavis Member

Is there a way to sort (alphabetize) the applications on the application screen page for the Verizon SG tab? There is probably a simple solution to this but I can

Advertisement
  2. billskeen68

billskeen68 New Member

On my Epic, in any of the Applications screens, I select Menu, then Menu again, then a-z Sort.
    lkdavis and jasonacg like this.
  3. lkdavis

lkdavis Member

Thank you for the reply. I can do an a-z sort on my samsung fascinate 2.2, but the samsung galaxy tab 2.2 doesn't have that option. Bummer.
  4. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Doesn't work on my Tab either, but thanks for the Epic tip! At least I was able to fix one of my devices.
  5. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

*Bump*

I'm having this same problem. Anyone figured out a workaround yet?

I'm just guessing, but maybe the custom ROMs have this worked out. Anything for the rest of us though?
  6. jasonacg

Nothing yet, at least not in the stock version.

Maybe, just maybe, the upcoming release of 2.3 (which is reportedly released this coming week), will correct this "oversight."
  7. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

I may not understand what is meant by app screen, but on my VzW SG Tab, stock ROM, apps display in alphabetical order both in Settings (Manage Applications) and also when viewed in app drawer.

I use LauncherPro, but I selected Samsung Home and results are the same.

I am rooted and have used Titanium Backup to freeze some applications but I don't easily see that absence of any of those affects how applications are displaying on my device.
  8. jasonacg

My Sprint Tab used to alphabetize, until I started moving apps to the SD card. After that, the device couldn't seem to keep up with organizing apps from two different locations. My Epic can do it, but not its [sort of] big brother.
  9. Yull

Yull New Member

I use AppZorter Lite for TouchWiz

It works well for me...
  10. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

Worked perfectly, exactly what I wanted. Thanks!
  11. psolord

psolord New Member

Just registered to say thanks!

Works great on Galaxy S with Android 2.3.3.
  12. lkdavis

lkdavis Member

Thanks, that solved the problem wonderfully:)
  13. andandre

andandre New Member

Another thanks - AppZorter made my day. Apps just open up when you can find them. Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3.3
  14. AngelicCore

AngelicCore Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot mate.

Come on Samsung.
  15. sushilstps

sushilstps New Member

appzorter is wonderful.
    looking such app for long time.
    thanks.
  16. SharpElite1991

SharpElite1991 New Member

Thanks a lot! I needed this sort of app so bad!:D
  17. wrockage

wrockage New Member

Appzorter worked for me on the new Samsung Galaxy Note. Also just registered to say thanks to all for recommendations.

To chime in with another poster, C'mon Samsung! What the heck? I mean, really?
  18. Kinolay

Kinolay New Member

Hey all, I can't get Appzorter to work on the latest ICS Galaxy Tab 10.1. Anybody have any other suggestions?. This is a horrible oversight by Samsung.. It's so hard to find the apps I want.
  19. The Bald Piper

The Bald Piper New Member

Another thanks - Appzorter lite worked great. It was very frustrating having apps all over the place after uninstalling via Titanium Backup.
  20. SarahhLouu123

SarahhLouu123 New Member

Go on your menu, click on the symbol in the top right corner (with the lines and a liitle arrow) click on view type, and there should be custom or A-Z options :)