Sorting contacts on the Desire

Last Updated:

1. nivin

nivin Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 19, 2010
    I just switched from a Nokia N95 to an HTC Desire on Android 2.1 (Froyo isn't out in the Middle East yet I guess). I'm having a lot of trouble getting my contacts on to the Desire. On setting up the phone, it has pulled my contacts from Gmail & Facebook, which I don't really need. I will not be calling or mailing most of the people on that list. There are a 1000+ contacts on those lists and I don't need all of them on my contact list. I tried to use the Nokia Ovi Suite to sync contacts, but for some reason I was not able to transfer them onto the PC. So I copied them all onto the SIM card and then put the SIM into the Desire and exported them to the phone memory.

The problem is that on copying them onto the SIM on the N95, I have multiple entries on the list. For contacts with more than 1 number under them, there are separate entries for each number, with the same name. Is there a method to group them the same way they were earlier i.e. One contact entry with a Home, Mobile, & Business number? Do let me know. It will hugely helpful. The only other way I can think of is to sit and enter all the numbers manually!!! :(

2. Sprawlsy

Sprawlsy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Yes there is a way to connect all entries for each person. Go into a contact, click menu then select link. That should do the trick.