• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SOS Help!!! SOS Root gone wrong?

You are not bricked. If nothing else you can sbf back to stock 2.1or 2.0.1

I still think its an issue with naming or location of the update.zip.

In the current state you can't just bootup cause you have a 2.1 kernel from the spr sbf.

You can try flashing a 2.2 kernel but that will cause problems too.

That's some ideas. This is my last post of the night though asim about to walk into a movie theater. Hopefully those ideas will help the others here get this figured out. If not I think I could probably help you get it fixed in the morning.

Reactions: Danielson2047
Upvote 0
Yup, not detecting SD. And it did die once, so i plugged it in. Could that be it? But its not reading the SD. Do i have to enable mass storage on the boot menu and leave it like that?

No - do NOT enable mass storage. That lets the PC use the card, not the phone

Oh the BOOT menu... that's okay. I thought you were plugging in the phone and enabling mass storage

Upvote 0
If your boot menu is asking you to enable mass storage, then say YES. That gives the PC permission to see it when it's connected, and it's how you'll move the ROM to the card. I can't recall that option in SPRecovery, but I guess it's there. Get some sleep, don't stress, charge the phone, and we'll pick up in the morning. Sound like a plan?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones