SOS! How to reset phone COMPLETELY? Details inside.

Last Updated:

1. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

So I got my LG Connect 4G from MetroPCS today and went ahead and rooted it and started deleting bloatware. I screwed up in deleting the MetroWeb file thinking it would be fine and started getting the "android.process.media" error.
    After multiple tries to fix it (downloading the Browser.apk and manually moving and installing it) I decided to do a factory reset. This dumb move effectively deleted everything off my phone and DID NOTHING about MetroWeb. Now I get the error every 5 minutes.
    How the hell can I reset my phone to square 1? It's still rooted and if I can get it back to right "out of the box" settings I can carefully redo everything.
    I've heard wonderful things about this community and hope someone can help me out.

Advertisement
  2. LightenLhar

LightenLhar Well-Known Member

You placed it in /System/App and it's still registering the error?
  3. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

yepp. at this point i want to go back to original everything and start from scratch
  4. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

You should have posted this on the all things root side. Have you tried using the LG updater tool yet?
    Granite1 likes this.
  5. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

sorry, if this doesn't get solved in this thread ill make sure to post it over there. and no, could you point me in the right direction?
  6. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

Go and download and install to your PC the LG connect drivers and the LG updater tool, then go into download mode with the device and try updating it in the updater tool.
  7. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

it says my software is up to date, and i can't find any options to reinstall it.
  8. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

N/M edit
  9. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member

Go to settings and about phone
    check SW Version
    do you have MS840ZVA???
    that came out of the box like that???
  10. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

well i got the phone today so unless i updated it somehow through the day then yes. I've been trying to get the phone to go to download mode but it doesnt budge. im desperate at this point and i dont think going to metro tomorrow will solve anything
  11. LightenLhar

It won't, as far as they're concerned you shouldn't have been there in the first place :p Is the browser.odex still there next to the .apk?
  12. LightenLhar

You got stuck in bootloop or what happened?
  13. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member

U fixed the problem i guess. Contrats
  14. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

15. crazyxpro

crazyxpro Member

well i thought it solved the problem but it made it so my sound/mic would not work at all. somehow metro took it back and gave me a brand new one
  16. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I'm glad you got a new phone at least. :)

I moved your thread over to the all things root forum. Kinda after the fact, but now it's where others will look for this type of info. Good luck on your rooting endeavors in the future!! :)