Sound and Vibrate at the same time

Last Updated:

1. hauwquek

hauwquek Member This Topic's Starter

In Hero, how do I turn on the sound and vibration at the same time?

With the slider on the left: I can turned Silent Mode On (i.e. sound Off) and Vibration On or Off as I wish, but the moment I slide upwards until the sound comes on, the vibration is turned off automatically.

Pressing the End button long: I can turn Vibration Off and Silent Mode On or Off as I wish; but if I turn Vibration On, then the Silent Mode is turned On automatically (i.e. sound Off)--if I try to turn it Off (sound On), the Vibration becomes Off automatically.

I need Silent Mode Off (i.e. sound On) and Vibration On at the same time in a very noisy environment.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I think the setting you need on is

Settings >> Sound and Display >> And then tick Phone Vibrate.

That way when you use the volume bar on the side of the phone all the way up it still vibrates for calls and things.

3. hauwquek

hauwquek Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. The 'Phone Vibrate for Incoming Calls' under Settings and the 'Vibrate Only' under the Off button are not the same, I get it now.

But then I found that if you have the Phone Vibrate under Settings turned On, the phone will vibrate for incoming calls only if you have a minimum volume turned on. If you slide the volume completely Off, it stops to vibrate for incoming calls--unless you continue sliding down until the Vibrate Only mode is turned on. That blind spot is where I got confused.

Thanks a lot.