• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound and Vibrate at the same time

hauwquek

Jan 9, 2010
In Hero, how do I turn on the sound and vibration at the same time?

With the slider on the left: I can turned Silent Mode On (i.e. sound Off) and Vibration On or Off as I wish, but the moment I slide upwards until the sound comes on, the vibration is turned off automatically.

Pressing the End button long: I can turn Vibration Off and Silent Mode On or Off as I wish; but if I turn Vibration On, then the Silent Mode is turned On automatically (i.e. sound Off)--if I try to turn it Off (sound On), the Vibration becomes Off automatically.

I need Silent Mode Off (i.e. sound On) and Vibration On at the same time in a very noisy environment.

Thank you.

Thank you. The 'Phone Vibrate for Incoming Calls' under Settings and the 'Vibrate Only' under the Off button are not the same, I get it now.

But then I found that if you have the Phone Vibrate under Settings turned On, the phone will vibrate for incoming calls only if you have a minimum volume turned on. If you slide the volume completely Off, it stops to vibrate for incoming calls--unless you continue sliding down until the Vibrate Only mode is turned on. That blind spot is where I got confused.

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones