Sound and video out of sync

Last Updated:

1. GuitarDemon

GuitarDemon Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. I've seen a thread which covers this topic - but I've started a new one, as the question is slightly different..... I've just downloaded the Act 1 video player (demo) from the Android Market to see if the sound and video are out of sync when using this media player - and they're not. The video plays perfectly. The downside is that to play more than 2 minutes, I have to buy the app - even though it's not a lot of money ($1.79), that's beside the point! I see that many people with this sync fault have reported it to HTC, but we're all waiting for a firmware update to resolve it. I think giving this app for free would resolve most people's issues!

Advertisement
  2. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

From what I can tell sync problems are normally related to the encoding method of the file. It'd be nice if the phone played them all perfectly but I use Mp4forHD and I don't have any problems.

oggietomas likes this.
  3. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

May I ask you what settings do you use for Mp4forHD :)

4. staz1000

Profile: HD and that's about it in terms of settings isn't it? lol

5. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

Sorry :D Have not tried it yet, just installing ;) Have used DvdFab and it works perfectly, but will try Mp4forHD to see what sort of result it gives as well.

6. staz1000

I see! Well it's a very basic bit of software but I think it was originally written for HTC phones at 800x480px. The previous version was called Mp4HtcHD.

7. oggietomas

oggietomas Active Member

Just tried it but no good, its croped and out of sync. Will fiddle with HD profile (higher quality and better audio rate). Will post back :)

8. staz1000

:confused: I have only converted a few things but they've been perfect. It will crop things to the right size for the screen. Not really a problem for 16x9 but it is if you're doing 4/3.