• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound Cancelling... they should advertise it!

Verizon doesn't seem to wanna be so campy and funny with their commercials anymore, especially Droid commercials, they take it seriously with the deep voiced guy. I miss the funny Verizon commercials with this kinds scene. Ya know like the parents watching their kids shovel snow!

They could do a classy version - think luxury lexus car adds when they close the door and all the sound fades away.

Upvote 0
My mother called my whilst driving. I was using GPS so the DX was in the car dock connected to aux. Windows down, doing 60, I answer the phone. I don't know if speaker phone is on automatically in car dock mode (I didn't turn it on) but she could hear every word clearly and had no idea I was driving till I told her.

I'd been thinking about jumping ship to the fascinate but no more. This level of NC is just amazing. Great thread; more people need to know about this.

Yeah - I hear ya. I won't go to another phone without the noise cancelling.. I just had no idea it was possible to do this as well as the DX does it. I hope it becomes a standard feature on high-end phones.... or hell... on all phones.

Upvote 0
My story:

I had a very important conference call, but I was stuck at home waiting for Comcast to come to the house. They arrived 15 mins before the call, and I was ducking into rooms to make sure it was quiet.

Problem was that my dogs were barking like CRAZY with a new HUMAN in the house. I was never in the room with the dogs, but I talked to another manager on the call the next day....

He said he never heard the dogs or any background noise when I was speaking. I sure could hear them barking! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Yeah - I hear ya. I won't go to another phone without the noise cancelling.. I just had no idea it was possible to do this as well as the DX does it. I hope it becomes a standard feature on high-end phones.... or hell... on all phones.

Yea I agree. So far my main goals in future phones are:

Good, great reception
Noise Cancellation
Reliable GPS

The X delivers on all 3.

Upvote 0
OMG so Motorola/Verizon totally need to hire me.

So I'm at the bar last night (same one from my original test) talking to this dude and his girl and they were all wanting to see the DX. So I showed it to them, but told them the best feature wasn't the screen or any of that but the noise cancelling.

So long story short, I made the guy call his VM (on a blackberry, ew) and leave a message from right there in the bar like I had cause he was being all Mr. No-way-you're-exaggerating dude. So as he listened to his message his head started shaking back and forth and when he was done, he tossed his phone on the bar and said to his girl, "I gotta get one of those."

YES!! I think Moto/VZW owe me a free dock stand.

Upvote 0
I was on the phone the other day. The kids were being noisy and had the tv up pretty loud. I was standing there (on purpose) in the midst of all that noise and was like, hey can you hear the kids or the tv?

They were like hear what? All I hear is you.

This feature is certainly awesome!

Upvote 0
I was outside today and the neighbor was cutting his lawn. Or I should say his 25HP John Deere was. The other neighbor, well he has a few very loud kids and a dog that doesn't stopp barking.

I called my wife and asked her if she could hear any of that stuff and her answer was all I can hear is your voice.

X > fAsCiNaTe. LOL

Upvote 0
i dont know if any of you have tested the concert setting on the camera but it uses some noise canceling. If you have ever tried to record audio at a concert you'd know that all you can ever hear is in your face distorted Bass and nothing else. But with the DX you get crazy good audio respite the extremely loud sound it has to handle. here's one i took

YouTube - black_label.3gp

It does work. I can hear all the people yelling and none of the music :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones